-16-

-hannah-

I feel light headed as I walk to my house, the warm feeling of Mikey's soft plump lips still lingering on mine. I lightly touch my fingertips to my lips and close my eyes, replaying the moment over and over again.

His scent filled my nose as he moved closer and his warmth embraced me as I melted into his hand cupping me under the ear. His nose brushed mine and the contact made my breath catch before he stopped, scaring me he might have found me repulsive. But instead he pressed his forehead to mine and I grabbing his hoodie, hoping he wouldn't leave.

My mind clouded at the intimate gesture, his breath blowing over my lips, before he gave me the greatest gift and asked if he could kiss me. My whole body liquified at the choice; of him asking and not taking. Of him valuing me and what I was willing to do with my body. It meant everything to me.

Tears roll down my cheeks even as I think about it now, my heart beating in my chest loudly as I realize how much he has come to mean to me. How I want him to be apart of my life. How I want more of his plump lips on mine. How I need someone like him to help me live and feel happiness.

Happiness; it overflows as I continue to imagine his kiss, so warm and gentle. He was kind, never taking anything from me, but showing me it was about us and we were sharing this moment together. I surprise myself and wish for more moments like this, but my stomach drops and my blood runs cold when I see my dads car in the driveway.

My eye twitches as it begins to pool over immediately, my perfect day most likely about to be taken away from me. I try to unlock the door, pausing to take a breath and calm my shaking hand before I step inside and quickly text Mikey, needing him to get off my block and as far from here as possible.

"Hannah?" My dad calls from his office.

"Sorry, I was at the Library studying with my student," I reassure him.

"That's okay. I just haven't seen you for a while. Can you please come down and join me?"

My jaw shakes and I slide my phone into my backpack before I lay it at the base of the stairs and clear my throat, "Okay."