-12-

-hannah-

The drive to the venue is chaotic, all of us crammed into their band purchased clunky van with all their equipment. I laugh with Tannar as we get tossed about with Calum and Luke since Mikey doesn't want to get in trouble with his mum. At first I was nervous, him being so far away, but Luke laughing at every single thing put me at ease. His stunning blue eyes would squint up tight as he dropped his head back and a high pitched cackle would ring out; so contagious we all joined in.

We hit a bump and I fall over, laughing hysterically as Tannar tries to help, but we hit another bump and she falls onto me. She apologizes through her giggles and attempts to push up just as Ashton rounds a corner and she falls again, giving up and resting her head on my chest. Her head shakes along with my chest as tears fill my eyes, my laughter no longer making sounds.

"Hannah, are you okay back there?" I hear Mikey and begin to laugh harder.

"She's okay," Calum reassures him before he and Luke help us back to a sitting position.

We hit another bump and Tannar falls into Luke's lap before Calum grabs my arm, his grip tight and I feel my chest tighten. His hands are so big and his fingers reach all the way around my arm. He braces himself on the large drum case to keep us upright before we round another corner, Ashton giggling at the front. Everyone laughs at his adorable bravado but I feel my breath increasing as Calum's body presses into mine.

His scent invades me and I use it to remind myself where I am. I keep my eyes trained on Tannar, giggling as Luke tries to kiss her, focusing on my current reality. There is no danger here. The grip and body against mine is not malicious. I will be okay.

Well as long as Ashton gets us there safely, I decide.

He does; parking in back before he and Mikey get out to open the back of the van. Tannar and Luke crawl out before Mikey extends his hand to me. I take it and his fingers curl around to grasp my wrist; the heat of his skin and the kind pressure making my tummy flip. My eyes dart to his as he helps me out, my body pressing into his and my eyes flutters.

"You seem to be having a good time," he chuckles down at me, the corner of his mouth lifting to a smirk.

"I am," I confirm with a smile and his smirk turns into a grin.

"I've never heard you laugh this much. I love it."

His features soften as they dart around my face, switching between my eyes and then my mouth, making my breath catch. I stare into his hazel eyes, watching them dilate as his mouth parts open. I lean into him holding my breath before I am shoved into his chest and he goes stumbling back from Calum trying to take out a drum case.

"Be careful," Mikey snaps at him, wrapping his arm around me to make sure I don't fall.

"It's okay," I tell Mikey and then turn around, "Let me help."

We load everything onstage in the empty bar and then the guys set up while Tannar and I drink Shirley Temples at the bar counter. She inquires about what I like to do in my free time and asks me the basics; my favorite color, favorite animal, et cetera. We exchange numbers and then I learn she is madly obsessed with the color hot pink, even wants to add a streak in her hair like Avril Lavigne, she really enjoys history, and she really wants a ferret but her mom won't let her.

"You holding up okay?" I hear the delicate and sweet voice I'm coming to adore behind me.

I turn and rest my arm on the counter as I smile at Mikey, "Yes I am. Wasted on Shirley Temples."

He giggles and looks at me adoringly, making my neck flush, "Ready for you're first concert?" He teases after the beans were spilt during unpacking about my lack of concerts.