-27-

-hannah-

Mikey finally sits down across from me, his look of bothered shock making my stomach swirl. I try to hide my smile as I eat my pizza but he shakes his head and I start laughing. He chuckles too, eating his pizza so I do the same, grateful as my tummy stops growling.

I gently rock in his chair as I sip my soda, watching him devour three more slices after I'm full before he asks, "Can I ask you something? It's personal."

I chew my lips and nod, at least willing to hear his question, "Okay."

"Where's your mum?"

I stare at him as an emptiness overwhelms my chest, another trauma I've never been able to heal from so I become numb. The only way I've survived this long. But I answer him anyway, "She died when I was ten. She overdosed on opiates and sleep aids."

"I'm sorry, Hannah," Mikey deflates discarding what's left of his pizza to his plate.

"I don't think I ever saw her sober. She was always high," I tell him. I'm not sure why I do. Maybe because I want him to understand me better. Or maybe because I've never told anyone before. So it feels good to tell someone. Someone who cares about me. "She just wanted to escape it," I whisper, "But I hate her for leaving me."

I look up at him, nervous to see the pity on his face, but instead I find sympathy and his face searches mine with deep compassion. I swallow down my resentment and chew my cheek before I shrug.

"I told you you didn't know what you were getting into," I tell him. "I'm just a reject."

"I'm from a small town in a woopwoop of Oz and want to be a band. I'm a huge fucking reject," Mikey lifts his brow and purses his lips before taking a sip of his cola.

"I guess we're the perfect duo then," I raise my can in salute.

"Meant to be," he smirks before he winks.

"Stop it," I roll my eyes as I lift my can to my lips, "But maybe."

"So," he looks at me, "do you wanna watch a movie or something?"

He points to his tv and I look at it, facing his bed and my tummy swirls but I say, "Okay."

I get up and walk to his bed, climbing on and go to the spot near the wall. When I turn around he is sitting in the edge with a remote, combing through the guide.

"What do you want to watch? Do you have a favorite tv show? Probably National Geographic, huh? Bill Nye the Science Guy? How it's Made?"

"Very funny," I mock his tease and crawl up behind him. I place my knees on each side of his hips before I rest my chin on his shoulder. "I haven't seen a movie or tv show in years. So I guess I'm at your mercy," I say before I slide my hands down his sides and over his thighs while I whisper, "In more ways than one."

"I guess you don't want to watch a movie then," he says, his voice husky and I feel the heat burning between my thighs. "Should I turn on some music instead?"

"Sure," I oblige again, knowing I just want him.

He gets up and I sit back on my heels, watching him intently as he turns on his bluetooth speaker and links his phone. He starts a playlist and then turns to me, his jaw dropping. I see a breath leave his lungs and then his eyes dilate, burning with the desire I've been feeling all day.

He comes at me, grabbing me under the ear as his mouth crashes to mine and I fall back to his mattress. His arm hooks around my lower back and he turns us, lowering me back down as I rest my head on his pillows. He pushes his tongue between my teeth and I moan, easily becoming consumed by his yearning.