-34-

-hannah-

I lean against the door frame to the shop room as I watch Mikey sand a table leg on the lathe. His hands are slow and gentle as he moves the sand paper along the wood. He slows the speed and feels the grain with his kind fingers, checking for any flaws. I approach him as he removes the leg, a huge smile taking over his sleepy face.

"Hey!" He flashes those adorable large front teeth at me.

"G'day," I smile back, looking down at the table top on his bench.

I run my fingers over the smooth raw wood, regretting ever thinking he wasn't smart or that he was just a lazy hooligan. He the most remarkable human being I have ever met and I now can't even imagine my life without him. I don't even want this life without him.

"Michael, this is wonderful," I say in awe, the finish so smooth I wonder if it's already been polished.

"You think Ash will like it?" He asks me, looking hopeful.

"He'll love it," I beam at him. "And so will Mr. Barton."

"Thanks, Babe," he grins before he leans around the bench to give me a quick kiss. "How are you?"

"I'm better," I smile and he eyes me, searching my face before he looks away. "I really am," I angle my body so we can make eye contact like he does to me.

"Okay," he nods and looks at me as he sighs.

"I'm sorry," I whisper and go to him, grabbing his hand.

"I know," he whispers back, "I'm just-"

He looks down and chews his lip, his brows pinching in worry. Damn, I love him.

"I know," I copy him and hug him. "I love you so much, Michael."

"I love you too," he whispers into my hair as my eyes travel over another piece on the floor against his bench.

"What's that?" I point, changing the subject.

He kisses my head and turns to it, "Its a guitar rack. For the studio."

"That's awesome," I smile, surprised at all the work he's done and so proud of him for working so hard to catch up on his classes. "I'm so proud of you, Mikey," I tell him.

"Thank you," he smiles shyly as his cheeks flush and I giggle, pinching one. "I love your hair."

I reach up and touch the small pony at the crown of my head. Knowing how much he loves my hair out of my face, so I decided to pull my top hair up so it doesn't fall into my face.

"Thanks," I smile happily as he pulls me back to him, still tucking the hair left down behind my ear so he can drag his thumb along my jaw as he kisses me.

I feel pure bliss, true happiness when I am with him. All my demons and burdens at bay because he accepts me and loves me for who I am. When I am with him I want to be free of my problems and live, not just run and cower. He makes me feel alive.

The bell rings and he walks me to the library, leaving me with a gentle kiss that lingers the rest of the day.

===

"Enough with the assignments. God damn," Calum grumbles as he opens his notebook to jot the homework down.

"How are you doing on them? Do you need some help?" I ask him, "You can come to the library with Mikey and I."

He sighs, "I might. Just for a little bit. I don't want to intrude."

"Intrude? Calum you can do your homework with us."