-22-

-hannah-

We arrive back at Ashton's, high off the gig as five other cars pull up and people unload like clown cars. These people high-five Ashton and he holds the door to help them all in, the majority bringing some type of alcoholic beverage or snack. Mikey lightly wraps his arm around my waist and leads me inside so Ashton can return to the van and get it around back.

His grip loosens as we get into the house and go to the kitchen, a trio already covering half the island with dixie cups to fill them with vodka. Mikey grabs one and hands it to me, watch me closely to see how I react. I stare at it uncertain and he smiles before taking it himself. He goes to the fridge and I wait as he digs around.

"Hey," Ashton huffs from behind, startling me as he comes in through the back door. His hazel eyes meet mine, turning down as he examines my face and then he relaxes greatly to soften his features. "Sorry," he smiles his dimples at me.

"It's okay," I say back gently and Mikey stands from the fridge, holding two beers.

"Ay, Mate," Mikey high-fives Ashton who then looks at me and then down to the ground.

"Well I'll be right back, I need to change my shirt," he says and leaves the kitchen.

"Wanna go sit in the living room?' Mikey asks me, handing me a beer can.

"Sure," I shrug before I open my can and take a sip.

Mikey chuckles as my nose scrunches up and gently pushes on the small of my back. I let him lead me back into the living room just as Ashton hollers to a couple walking down the stairs.

"You know the house rules. Stay out of the loft. Don't fuck in my bed. Fuck in the spare room. Don't like it? Fuck somewhere else. Fuck."

He rolls his eyes and disappears behind the wall, shaking his head. I sip on my beer as I watch the couple giggle and try the door at the base of the stairs, frowning when it's locked and denying them entry. Mikey and I chuckle, enjoying the entertainment as more people begin to mill around and rough house.

I feel overwhelmed, gulping my beer faster to feel a buzz to take the edge off as my eyes dart around nervously. Mikey's arm drapes around my shoulders and he presses his forehead to my temple. He grabs my hand and kisses the shell of my ear; his breath making my spine tingle.

"It's going to be okay. But if you're uncomfortable let me know, okay?" He whispers in my ear and I nod. "We could find somewhere else to go alone if this is too much."

I nod again and he pulls away to look at me so I say, "I'm okay, right now."

"Okay," he grins and leans towards me, making eye contact for approval before he presses his lips to mine.

I melt instantly, along with the room around us, and I squeeze his hand as I push into him. Our tongues brush each other lightly and my temperature spikes, craving more. Watching him on stage tonight left a yearning deep inside me that I know I need to address, but I'm currently unsure how to express it. Wanting someone is knew to me and wanting someone to want me is something I never thought I would desire. But damn it I want Mikey want me as much as I want him.

"CARVER!" Ashton sounds and high-fives a guy on his way past the stairs to the kitchen.

The shout startles me and I jump away from Mikey, looking at him with wide eyes as I realize we were just making out on a sofa. Who have I become? I feel my cheeks burn and sit back, sinking into the sofa before I start chuckling; shocked but loving this new Hannah that this young man and my new friends bring out in me. Mikey snickers with me before he starts drawing circles on the back of my hand, making my body hot and toes curl. I want him so bad.