-55-

-hannah-

"Bye Darlin', I'll be home Sunday," my dad says as he kisses the top of my head and runs his hand over my hair as I paint.

"Bye," I try to sound kind.

"You're not to leave this house," he says sternly.

"I have to tutor Mikey," I say flatly, as I hold my wrist to do a gentle stroke. But it gets ruined when he grabs my shoulder and uses so much force my whole chair spins so I am facing him, my paint brush falling into my lap.

"I think he can wait until, Monday. Do you understand me?" He flares his nostrils and his spittle splatters my face.

"Its part of my grade to tutor him. Him passing means me getting higher marks," I challenge him    .

"I'm saying, no," he growls. I don't respond I just stare back at him. "Do you understand me, Hannah?" Again I don't answer, I just stare back at him as I feel my own nostrils flare, pissing him off and the back of his hand slams into my mouth.

A noise jumps up my throat before I grasp my face but keep my head down, knowing if I looked at him I would retaliate further and I want him to get the fuck out of here. The fuck away. The fuck out of my life.

"Don't challenge me. You will not win," he spits before he storms out of my room, slamming the door like a child.

My chest heaves but I listen intently, waiting for his car to start and him to drive off. I check out the window to make sure he has before I run to my closet and grab my duffle bag, packed and ready to go. I text Tannar and then clean up the spilt paint. I change my clothes and then run out the door the moment she honks, glad to escape this shithole.

"Hey," I huff as I hop into her car.

"Hannah," she gasps and grabs my face, startling me.

Her eyes brim as she licks her thumb and then drags it over my lip, making me wince. I pull the visor down to look in the mini mirror, finding a small bloody cut on my lip. She rubs my shoulder and I slam it back up, anger flooding my body.

"Get me the fuck out of here."

===

"What do you think?" I ask Tannar as I fix my three-quarter sleeve raglan style Metallica band tee that hangs off my shoulder. I paired it with ripped girlfriend jeans and my docs.

"Cute!" She chirps at me, "What do you want me to do with your hair?"

I chuckle as I lay on her bed and watch her hold up several outfits to her half naked body, walking around in just her underwear and bralette, "Can you just lightly curl it and then put the top sides up? Mikey likes it when my hair isn't in my face."

"Awe," she coos at me and roll my eyes. "Okay, I think I'm gonna go with this."

She puts on a leather mini skirt with a deep purple off the shoulder skin tight top and I nod, "I like it. What shoes?"

"My black Converse wedge heels?"

"Oh yeah!" I chime, nodding.

"Okay," she giggles and then does my hair so we can head to Ashton's.

When we arrive they are loading the enclosed trailer Luke's dad thankfully let him borrow and Mikey passes a guitar case to Ashton before coming over to me. His hand slides under my ear as his lips press to mine and we both sigh, thankful to be united. I feel him smile before he tilts his head to the side, his nose rubbing over mine and his hand grips tighter on my head while his tongue pushes into my mouth.