-epilogue-

"Here it is," Hannah smiles as she holds up a document with her un-casted hand after she gets in the passenger seat. "My certified copy of emancipation."

"Yay, Babe," Mikey grins at her before he leans over to kiss her.

She sighs heavily as his lips bring her great relief after such a grueling day. Seeing her father again was draining enough, but she kept her head down to preserve her energy. It was hard for her to see him in an orange jumpsuit; after everything, still hurting her heart. She knows he belongs there. She knows what he has done is wrong. But he is still her father, after all.

She repeated her story five too many times and then had to endure painful and agonizing questions that demanded more detail. Her eyes hurt from so much crying but is grateful Mikey's presence is settling her stomach so she can have lunch with Karen and Daryl. She will never be able to express her gratitude to them for taking her in and being the first two stable adults in her life to show true love to her. Besides Ms. Meridan, of course.

Mikey's tongue drags over hers and she moans with contentment, her life finally perfect before he pulls away, "Hungry? Mum made way too much food. She was worried about you all morning."

"She was actually?" She fawns, frowning that she caused the amazing woman who gave her this remarkable young man so much strife.

"Well, yeah," Mikey nods as he starts his car, just purchased that week from a junky used car lot. But it didn't matter, he finally owned his first car and was working hard at his first job with Ashton. Even working on school nights and managing to come home to do his homework or practice guitar before finally climbing in bed to snuggle Hannah under the blankets that now smell like the both of them. "We've all been worried about you. It sucks we couldn't be there today," he adds pursing his lips with irritation, desperately wanting to be there to support her today.

"You can be there for the trial," she grabs his hand, "If it goes that route. He'll probably push for it though."

"For you're sake, I hope not, Babe," he kisses the back of her hand and she smiles, so grateful for him and his unending supporting during this difficult time.

They make it home, Karen pulling Hannah straight into a hug the moment she comes through the door. She then ushers them to the table for what is now known as "Hannah's Favorite"; Karen's spaghetti.

Mikey watches Hannah the whole meal, her happy smile and easy going laugh as she sits between his parents with ease. His dad pulls her into a side hug and she doesn't even flinch; just grateful he is proud of her for all her hard work for herself and for Mikey. Mikey has been astounded at the quick relationship between Hannah and his father, coming home late some nights to find her asleep on the couch as his dad snores in his recliner. She admitted to having nightmares of the attack sometimes, his dad waking up to her screams and casually turning on the TV so she wouldn't feel awkward seeking out another human being. It hurts him to not be here for her, her nightmares at bay when she sleeps next to him, but his heart is full knowing she is finding security and support from his family.

"Well I'm stuffed," Hannah sighs, leaning on the table and smiling at Mikey. "I think I need a nap.'

"We have to go somewhere first," Mikey tells her.

"What do you mean?" She frowns, making him chuckle.

"It won't be long, and then you can nap. I promise," he stares at her with such admiration her cheeks flush, feeling so overwhelmed by his love.

"Okay," she playfully rolls her eyes, "but I need to use the restroom before we go."

"Fine," Mikey rolls his eyes back before he smirks at her.