-33-

-mikey-

"Sorry I'm late," Luke huffs as he sits on the couch with his guitar, before smirking, "I was with Tannar."

"What's new," Ashton lifts his brow with a small smile.

"I hope it was worth it," Calum says with sass, accessing the lyrics they've been working on, "This song is taking for fucking ever."

"Oh, it was worth it," Luke beams, "It always is."

"Yeah, I'd rather be getting laid then dealing with this fucking song," Calum tosses the notebook on the table and sits back.

"Why don't we just write a different one," Mikey suggests, trying to stay focused but he feels so lost and worried about Hannah.

"That's annoying," Calum groans,

"So is your complaining," Mikey snaps.

"What's up your ass? Fuck," Calum scowls at him.

"Yeah, getting felt up at lunch made you angry somehow?" Luke teases him and Ashton turns to Mikey.

"What? Hannah felt you up at lunch?" Ashton giggles, shocked.

"She's been all over me all day," Mikey confesses, "Practically giving me a wristy this morning in the library, pulling me into the empty stairwell by the music room," he tells them.

"And you're being a dick why?" Calum lifts his brow at him.

"It's not like her," Mikey sighs. "Don't get me wrong it's great, I love it. But she's acting, I don't know, reckless."

"Oh poor you getting a hand job in the fucking library," Calum rolls his eyes and Luke laughs.

"Girls tend to express their sexual side in a more intense manner when they are with someone they are comfortable with," Ash shrugs at him. "I think it's a compliment, Mate."

"You didn't see her this morning," Mikey shakes his head. "It's like she wasn't even there. She seemed so," he exhales, feeling sick, "gone."

"What do you mean?" Luke asks.

"Like she wasn't present. Her eyes seemed unfocused, like she was an empty vessel or something. Like a robot. On autopilot. It was scary."

"Then what happened? She seemed fine at lunch?" Calum asks.

"Yeah and how did you end up with a wristy in the library if she was like that?" Ashton frowns at him.

"She wasn't like that anymore then," Mikey addresses Ash first and then continues, "I don't know what changed. We were at our locker and she was supposed to exchange her books but she just stood there and stared at them. It freaked me out so I made her look at me. Its like she came to then, and she seemed really upset but also relieved. She gave me a hug and apologized. Then I took her to the library and she said she needed help putting a book away, but she really didn't."

"Oh she's sneaky," Calum chuckles, making Mikey snicker.

"Yeah its not the first time she's don't that," he shakes his head, "and she did it at lunch too. She didn't need to get anything out of her locker."

"I didn't think she did," Luke laughs, "You really thought she did?" He looks at mikey in disbelief.

"Yeah," Mikey shrugs.

"After she fucking grabbed you like three times?" Luke looks at him like he's stupid.

"This is new to me!" Mikey defends, making them all laugh. "Really guys, she's never been this forward."

"I'm weeping for you," Calum says emotionless.

"I told you, she's just comfortable with you. You made her feel good. She wants more of that," Ashton explains to him. "That's a good thing Mike."

"I'm not done," Mikey looks at Ash, "She wanted to go to my house to study instead of the library."

"Oh shit," Calum smiles giddily at Mikey. "What did you guys do?"

"Nothing," Mikey says and then huffs, "well she did do something."

"Don't be shy," Luke smirks and Mikey chuckles, rolling his eyes.

"She gave you head didn't she?!" Calum looks at him wide eyed and Mikey just bites his lip, confirming it.

"Nice," Luke nods his head as Calum says, "Damn."

"Fuck," Ashton shakes his head. "That is fucking assertive."

"She was," Mikey looks at him wildly. "She shoved me onto my bed and before I could be like 'what's going on with you' she's yanking my pants down and I couldn't stop her."

"I understand," Ashton shrugs.

"No, I feel like I'm taking advantage of her," Mikey rubs his face and then runs his hands in his hair.

"How are you taking advantage of her when she's the one throwing you on your bed and yanking your pants off?" Calum asks, grimacing.

"Or her groping you at the lunch table?" Luke adds.

"You're the one being used, Mate," Calum laughs.

"She wasn't herself," Mikey sighs, feeling exhausted and leaning his head in his hand as he places his elbow on the table. "And its so hard to turn her down or make her stop when it feels so good and I love seeing her that way. But I had make her stop and see reason."

"What? You made her stop? Stop what?" Luke asks.

"She wanted to have sex," Mikey looks at Luke upset.

"Why'd you say no?" Ashton asks, a curious look on his face.

"'Cause she's not being herself. I think she's retaliating against her dad or something. She was so desperate. And not in the good, sexy way ya know? It was concerning and it hurt. And I don't have any condoms, she knows this. But she asked anyway. And then I reminded her and she just said 'I'm on birth control.' I want her so bad but she seemed so panicked and like, I don't know." He rubs his forehead and sighs, remembering her jagged breath and small pleas. "She just wasn't herself."

"Wait," Calum puts a hand up, "She was willing to have sex without a condom and you turned her down?"

"Yes," Mikey nods at Calum's shocked face, "I think she's just acting out against her dad."

"Let her get it out! At least its with you. You'll take care of her," Calum waves at him.

Mikey shakes his head, "I'm not going to take her virginity like that. She's being totally reckless. She's not herself. She could regret it later."

"I think you're right," Ashton says calmly.

"I love her," Mikey explains, "I don't want to fuck this up."

"Good on ya, Mate," Ashton pats his back.

"I just want to know what's going on though ya know?" Mikey says with quiet desperation. "I wanna help her so bad."

"I know," Luke sympathizes.

"Just keep being there for her, Mike," Ashton rubs his back, "The truth comes out sooner or later. Plus she really needs you. Whether you know that truth or not."

"I know," Mikey nods.

"It's going to be okay," Calum lifts the corner of his mouth. "We're all gonna take care of her, too."