-29-

-hannah-

I walk up the steps and open the door before I turn to watch Mikey drive away down Ula Cress, wishing I were still with him. My eyes close and I remember his lips on mine, or his body enveloping me. If I can't run to my safe place physically, I will run there mentally.

"Hannah?" My dad says from the kitchen, startling me.

"Yes, I'm home," I say, gripping my bag tight as I head up the stairs.

"I made dinner," he says as I stop in the archway to the kitchen, finding pots on the stove and the sink full of dishes. "I made your favorite, actually," he smiles at me and I return it with a small smile of my own.

"Thank you."

"Go drop your stuff off and then we can eat."

"Okay," I nod and head to my room, leaving my bag on my bed and placing my backpack on my desk.

I take a deep breath and meet my father at the dining table, my meal of fried rice and teriyaki stir fry dished out with chop sticks and a display of three lit candles.

"What would you like to drink, Dear? Milk, water? We have some wine left over. Would you like a small glass of that?"

I look up to see his light eyes trained on me with a gentle smile so I lightly nod, "Sure. And some water please."

"You've got it, Darlin'," he smiles wider before he winks and I look down at my food, taking a deep breath so calm my stomach.

I begin eating and he joins me, placing two glasses in front of my plate; a large glass of water and small rounded one with wine. The meal is delicious, helping me focus on anything but what will come later. Just the thought makes my stomach churn and I slow my eating.

"So how did your assignment go?" My father asks and I look up at him, confused. "With this Tannar girl?"

"Oh yes," I nod. "You confused me with assignment," I scoff to cover my transgressions, "It was more of a project. But it went well. I think we will get a good grade."

"When is it due?"

"Tomorrow," I lie, before I have a sip of wine to calm my nerves. I've never lied this much to my father before.

"I'm sure you'll do great, Sweetie," he smiles genuinely at me before taking a large gulp of wine. "Did you have a good time at her house?"

"I did," I say quietly and looking up to see his reaction.

He sighs and stirs his rice, "I figured this would happen. But this is good." He looks up at me and smiles, "You need friends. Not just always cooped up in your room doing homework and extra credit."

I nod, taking a bite while I feel hopeful for more weekends of freedom and spent in Mikey's arms. My mind wonders to my happy place; anywhere with Michael. Just Michael in general. His scent invades my mind as I remember his lips on my skin or the way his hands caress my body.

Today was full of so many wonderful intimate moments with him. Laying on his bare chest as he regained his breath after I gave him his third release. Or before that when I took his shirt off and sat on his hips while I ran my hands over his body, leaving little kisses behind. The way he played with my hair and made little braids. His thumbs rubbing over my cheek bones as he moaned against my lips. When he counted all the freckles on my tummy and legs. His plush lips giving healing kisses to my bruises.

"Hannah?" My father says, snapping his fingers and I flinch.

"Sorry," I mumble as I place my hands in my lap and lean back in my chair.

"Did you hear what I said?" He asks irritated, the tone in his voice making my heart rate increase.

"No, I'm sorry," I reply and he huffs.

"I said that we have arrangements tomorrow after work. Dinner," he nods when I look at him and I nod back. "I know you're doing that tutoring thing so you need to reschedule tomorrow evening."

"Just tomorrow?" I ask to confirm.

"Yes," he says and takes the last bites of his meal.

"I will do that," I state.

"Good," he chews his food before he downs his wine and looks at me. "Are you finished?"

I look down at my half eaten meal and nod, knowing it will be better to eat later anyway. If I remember or can even stomach it. He takes my plate to add the remaining food to a container and I drink the wine he poured for me.

"I'm going to go reschedule with Michael," I tell him as I stand and grab my glass of water.

"Okay, dear," he says as he rinses our plates and adds them to the dishwasher.

I go to my room and shut the door, taking in a deep breath as I relax in my solitude before I grab my phone from my backpack. I open up my messages with Mikey💜 and smile as I think about him. Just seeing his name and our previous conversation makes me feel happy and safe. I smile and almost laugh out loud when he responds immediately.

H:Hey

M: hi!

M: how are you?

I chew my lip as I stare at his question, wishing I could be fully honest.

H: I'm okay. But I really miss you.

M: I miss you too
M: are you okay?

Tears brim my eyes, hating him worrying about me. I love that he does. But I hate that I have brought this stress to his life. I'm such a fucking burden.

H: Yes. Mikey I'm okay.

M: okay

H: but I do need to reschedule our session tomorrow.
H: Can you meet me tomorrow morning instead?

M: man, I guess (eyeroll)

H: lol

M: you're lucky I love you

H: yes I am ❤️
H: I know you hate mornings lol

M: I hate them less with you ❤️

I smile at his reponse, a little chuckle sounding in my throat when I hear foot prints approaching my door.

"Hannah?"

"Yes?" I ask as my dad opens the door.

"I thought we could watch a movie. It's been a long time since we've spent some quality time together. I miss you."

"Okay," I nod and he smiles happily.

"I have some ice cream in the freezer. Would you like some?"

My stomach lurches, just the idea of ice cream after him using it at a peace offering all these years making me sick, so I light shake my head and smile, "no thank you."

"Okay, Dear. I'll see you down in the office."

"Okay," I say emotionless, but he doesn't notice and shuts the door.

H: I've got some homework to attend to and then I need to shower and go to bed. I'll see you in the morning Mikey.

M: oh, okay

H: Mikey
H: I love you so much.

M: I love you too hannah ❤️