-51-

-hannah-

I feel empty as I enter my house, already missing Mikey terribly, but his scent lingers on my skin after making love to me this morning one last time. I hate to be back home, my stomach tight with the fear of Mikey's imprint being ripped from me, but right now I feel relief, getting home before my dad. This gives me time to stage and set up the scheme to keep him at bay.

I rush upstairs and remove the plastic bag with the items I purchased at the store yesterday with Mikey before I take them to the bathroom. I place the tampons in the cupboard and then open the other box containing a tioconazole treatment. I make the treatment appeared used and toss it all in the bin before gently placing the topical cream on the counter, known this will catch Ms. Patelle's attention.

Her intention has always been well, notifying my father of things she discovers in my room or bathroom that could be of concern knowing he is a single father. She thinks she is providing a service, helping him to understand what I might be going through as a young woman and how he can aid me. I knew I could count on her to assist my ploys when she found my birth control on the counter when I was fifteen. Annoyed though, my father told me to keep them out of sight going forward, but I learned I could simply buy a women's anti-itch cream and she would tattle to my dad, resulting in him leaving me be for a week or so. I took advantage of this during midterms last year and I'll use it to my advantage as much as I can until I graduate and then I can runaway to Mikey's arms forever.

My dad texts me that he will be home later than planned, annoying me that I came home so early when I could have spent more time with Mikey, but he ended up with the guys so that I was grateful for. I finish all my homework before I call him once he gets home from Ashton's and we talk until I decide to go to bed. With the sheets over my head and Mikey's scent still on my skin, I fall asleep quickly and get a decent amount of rest to start Monday off right.

===

"See you later," Mikey says before he gives me a kiss and we head in opposite directions after history.

I make it to anatomy and sit down at my regular table before I take out my items from my backpack. Calum joins me just as the bell rings, a gentle smile on his face. He shoves my shoulder with his playfully before Mr. Anderson begins his lecture on the Cardiovascular system regarding the heart. I take notes but draw little hearts on the side of my paper when he goes over things I already know, my mind thinking of one thing only: Mikey.

He begins to discuss more on valves and their responsibilities, following along with the chapter I already read so I zone out, thinking about Mikey's lips; I've been thinking about them all day. I bite my lip as I plan out our evening and play with the idea of going to his house to study instead, my body begging to have him increase my heart rate.

Soon, enough class is over and I can go to lunch to see Mikey again. Calum stands before me and waits patiently before we begin our walk to the cafeteria together. My mind is on seeing Mikey and giving him a kiss on those lips I keep dreaming about but Calum keeps bumping into me and opening his mouth to say something.

I look at him and his dark brown eyes meet mine, something heavy on his mind I can't figure out before he sighs and rubs the back of his neck, "Hannah, I just want to say I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?" I ask confused and try to maneuver around a group of freshman who begin giggling at the sight of Calum.

"Just for how I acted before," he looks at me, a look of guilt, "H I just wanna apologize for my crude sexual jokes. I'm so sorry if I ever made you feel uncomfortable"

"Why would that make me uncomfortable?" I ask him, feeling suspicious of his behavior and how I can now read the pity in his eyes. Does he know?

"I-I-uh," he begins to stammer and I gawk at him as he tries not to look at me, becoming uncomfortable.