-42-

-hannah-

"Dinner is ready," Karen pops her head into Mikey's room, smiling at us as we work on our math homework.

"Be right there, Mum. She's helping me finish this last problem."

"Okay, Love. Don't be too long," she winks at me and exits, making me feel warm.

I watch him, his face turned down as his eyes dart over the text on the page and then he works through the problem, his hand moving quickly as he writes it out. His attention moves back to the page, his finger following the words before he looks back to his work on his notebook. He's so beautiful, looking much older and thus frankly hotter at this angle.

My attraction to him never seems to fail, but the warmth I still feel from his mother, makes me so happy his life has been moderately kind. School is shit and people don't understand him, but I wish he knew how blessed he was that he has a loving and doting mother. I feel a sting of jealousy, but mostly gratefulness. I believe it was partially the way he was raised that contributes to his kind and nurturing nature. Without those characteristic, most likely from his mother, he wouldn't be the wonderful person he has turned out to be and the person who rescued me.

"Did I get it? Is that right?" He asks me, bringing my attention back and I blink before I look at his problem.

"Yes," I grin at him, "Good on ya."

He beams and then leans on the desk, pressing his lips to mine, "I love you."

"I love you," I giggle agasint his lips before his mouth turns greedy, moving along mine as his tongue caresses entry to mine.

I open my mouth for him and grab the collar of his shirt, keeping my mouth attached to his as I crave him deeply. His breath increases, blowing against my cheeks as he twists his mouth the opposite way, his nose rubbing mine and I whine. His hand grabs my face before I bite his lip and he moans, dropping his hand to the math book between us.

"I need a minute before we go have dinner," he admits, his voice expressing his discomfort.

"Sorry," I giggle, before I kiss his head and play with his purple hair, still in love with all the different hues and tones.

He moans of contentment and I chuckle, kissing his head again as he lifts it to look at me, an adorable smile on his adorable lips. I boop his nose and he kisses mine before we go to the kitchen. The smell of pasta sauce fills my nose in the hallway and my mouth salivates; its been so long since I've had a lovingly made home cooked meal.

I sit between Mikey and his mum, his dad on the other side of me. I've only met him in passing the few times I have visited and he seems kind, but I feel incredibly nervous. Karen puts some garlic bread on the table after she fills all our glasses with milk and then sits down. I take a bite and smile, the noodles having the perfect texture with the right amount of sauce soaked in and the sauce is rich with the most stunning flavor of basil.

"Wow, this is amazing," I say making Mikey chuckle.

"It's Michael's favorite," Karen smiles at me.

"I can see why," I nod and take another bite.

"What's your favorite meal?"

"I really like teriyaki stir fry," I answer.

"Oh, yummy," Karen smiles at me, "You're dad must make that for you a lot then."

I notice Mikey tense in my peripheral and I look down at my plate, "My dad is actually gone a lot. I make my own dinners," I look back up at her, "Or sometimes our housekeeper will put something in the crockpot for me whilst I'm at school."