The lost family

Third Person POV

It was the softness of the pillow that woke her.

Rhaenyra Bellatrix Black-Targaryen, three months shy of her eleventh birthday, woke up on the softest bed she had ever slept on. She shot straight up, going straight for her rucksack instinctively.

Then as she swung her legs out of the bed, she looked around her room.

The room was grand but cozy. A large headboard was above her bed, a tall window with long velvet curtains that lead to a balcony, and a candle opera chandelier, with the walls a calm pale blue-grey color.

There was a walk in closet, vanity, and a full length glass mirror directly opposite of her.

After ten years of abuse and neglect at the hands of the foster care system, this all overwhelmed her.

"Hello?" Rhaenyra called, hesitantly after she finished exploring the room.

There was a crack, and an elf like creature appeared in front of her. She let out a scream and an old man entered the room.

"Kreacher go." the man said and the elf creature vanished.

"Who the fuck are you?!" Rhaenyra demanded. "Where am I?!"

"Your great uncle Cygnus Black III." the man, Cygnus said calmly, giving her a proper distance and left the door open.

The black and silver haired girl eyed him warily and hopefully. The last thing she could remember was the pain and beatings from her foster family before being thrown into the dark alley.

"Prove it." she said.

Cygnus snapped his hand and then showed her a paper that held her name, birthday, age, and all of her blood relatives, maternal and paternal.

And there it was: Lord Cygnus Black III was her great uncle.

All of her memories in the foster system flashed in, how she always thought she was alone.

She wasn't alone.

"Wait what does it mean when I'm a witch?"

"Magic is real. I'm taking you to Gringotts and Diagon Alley later today or tomorrow." Cygnus said, motioning her to follow him.

And she did, into a large and beautiful countryside estate.

"Explain."

That is today's chapter. I hoped you enjoyed it.