Dumbledore is Suspicious

Third Person POV

"Yes Headmaster?" the black and silver hair girl greeted.

"My dear girl..." Dumbledore began.

"Its Heiress Black, not my dear girl. Heiress Black or Ms.Black-Targaryen, understand?" the Princess of Fire said.

Dumbledore's twinkle faltered and he clenched his jaw.

"I summoned you to talk to your familiar. Lemon drop?" the Headmaster of Hogwarts offered.

"Pass. And don't you need permission form my guardian or head of house to talk to me about my familiar." Rhaenyra frowned.

"They are not needed..."

"Ragnarok hasn't caused any trouble." Rhaenyra said and went to the floo and summoned Cygnus. Cygnus stepped out.

"Yes Dumbledore?"

Dumbledore clenched his jaw. "This is about her familiar it can not stay at Hogwarts."

"According to school rules, you need a magical guardian or head of house permission to speak to a student about private family matters. As my great niece has told me your meeting with her is not school related, and henceforth illegal. As for Section VI Paragraph 5 about familiars, if they have not caused any trouble for a day they are allowed to stay. Good day." Cygnus said, vanishing into the emerald green flames and Rhaenyra sprinted out the office.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The second day was more calmer. The Ravenclaw's ate far away from her, the stares from the Boy Who Lived until she threatened him to stop, and Harmonia, Ivan, and Neville at with her.

Professor McGonagall was the strict teacher and didn't tolerate any chaos in her classroom. The women was Head of House Gryffindor and Deputy Headmistress.

"Transfiguration is some of the most complex and dangerous magic you will learn at Hogwarts." she warned when the Slytherins and Ravenclaws entered for their first lesson "Anyone messing around in my class will leave and not come back. You have been warned."

Then she transformed her desk into a pig and back again. That impressed everyone.

After writing a lot of notes, they were authorized to turn a match into a needle. It was horribly difficult: by the end of class Rhaenyra(who had learned magic ahead of time to defend herself against those who would attack her for being her father's daughter) and Ivan(a natural at Transfiguration) were the only ones who accomplished turning the match into a shiny needle, earning two points for their respective house.

The Black Raven and the Mistress of the Arcane did not dodge the mountain of homework they were given however.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

History of Magic was next.

Binns was horrible and only Harmonia's twin sister Hermione looked to be seriously taking notes about Binns speech.

What were professors like Binns doing here? And teaching Divination? Divination couldn't be taught, you were born with that power.

"But he's the professor..." the Loyal Lion said uncertainly when Rhaenyra voiced this.

"Do we honestly need to know about Goblin rebellions other than working for Gringotts?" Ivan said.

"The history books are outdated by decades as well. The new ones from Flourish and Blotts are good but the history books here are outdated." the Smart Lion said.

"I heard there was ward weaving as an elective once." a Ravenclaw nearby said.

"Really? Then why don't we have it?" the Ravenclaw's friend asked.

"My father said that Professor Dumbledore took away all kinds of electives: ward weaving, spell creation, healing magic, enchanting, familiar 101, elemental magic, blood magic, and nature magic. After all, if he was the only one to know all of this and if he took it away, it enforced his 'all wise' persona. And he's keeping Binns because all houses but Gryffindor will study history, and because if he hires a new history teacher then his 'all wise' persona will fade." the Ravenclaw said matter of factly.

"That sucks. Maybe I can ask my mother for tutors..."

"See what I mean? Dumbledore's suspicious as fuck." Rhaenyra murmured.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why are you friends with her?" Hermione frowned later that day in their dorm room.

"What's wrong with being friends with Rhaenyra?" Harmonia said.

"You're not suppose to have friends outside your house according to Hogwarts: A History."

"Hermione, Rhaenyra is going to take over House of Black one day. It will pay to her her friend, and I will be her friend."

"But in Hogwarts: A History..."

"Hermione, Hogwarts: A History is about Hogwarts. Not about the wizarding world and its culture. Get your head out of the books and look around!"

"We're muggleborn! You should read it!" Hermione said.

"Our grandmother was the Lady of House Fawley! I am its Heiress! We have pureblood roots, and I intend to embrace that!" Harmonia yelled, flashing her heiress ring.

That is today's chapter. I hoped you enjoyed it.