School Shopping

Third Person POV

Cygnus and Rhaenyra went to Diagon Alley on July 31st as the Lord of House of Black had promised.

They went through the Leakly Cauldron instead of the Floo.

Harry looked up, seeing a girl his age with black and silver hair and an older man who looked similar to her come through. "Hey Hagrid, who's that?"

"Oh him? Lord Cygnus Black, one of the last male members of the Most Noble and Ancient House of Black. He's head of the House." the game keeper said.

"And the girl?" the Boy Who Lived said.

"Dunno her name, maybe you'll meet her in school. Stay away from House of Black Harry, they all have some sort of madness. Very Dark family, House of Black." Hagrid warned.

Harry nodded but listened to the conversation Lord Cygnus was having with Tom the innkeeper.

"Long time Lord Black." Tom said.

"Not here for a drink. Hogwarts shopping." the Head of House of Black said curtly.

"Ah this little lady is your heiress. Good luck kid." Tom nodded and the older man and the mysterious girl vanished to the tiny courtyard that lead to Diagon alley.

Harry didn't realize until later, that the girl had a dragon on her shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once they got through the doorway, since Rhaenyra already had a wand, they had gone for the school supplies she needed along with a few other ones.

First stop was the shop Magical Trunks: These trunks will go anywhere! for her to carry her supplies, as well as to protect her things.

She and Cygnus had split up, Cygnus was getting her potion supplies while she got her trunk.

"What type do you want miss?" the shopkeeper said.

"A trunk for Hogwarts." the Princess of Fire said.

"Ahh. Basic model for first years?" the shopkeeper said.

"An advanced one please." Rhaenyra said cooly. "One with a security system, I intend to keep my school supplies plus anything extra I have in it."

The man nodded, deducing that she was a student with possibly children from rival houses in her year. More like EVERY kid will be a rival kid thanks to dear old Dad. Rhaenyra huffed.

He waved his wand and a trunk of green-black color levitated over. It seemed solid and unremarkable.

"T36 model. Has three extra compartments with the Undetectable Extension Charm on them in addition with a more advanced security system I would recommend for Hogwarts Third Year students. You can lock it with a password and your wand." the man said.

"That will do. How much?" Rhaenyra said after she examined the trunk, pulling out of bag of galleons, sickles, and knuts.

"Thirty galleons miss." the vendor said, and then jerked back when he spotted Ragnarok sleeping on her shoulder.

Rhaenyra paid for the trunk and left the shop with it levitating next to her, and meet up with her grandfather at the book story Flourish and Blotts. The two last members of House of Black ran into Narcissa, Lucious, and their son Draco.

"Father." Narcissa greeted with a smile.

"Narcissa. Lord Malfoy." Cygnus said curtly to his daughter and son in law.

"Lord Black." Lucious drawled.

"Grandfather." Draco bowed.

"Who's this?" Narcissa said, then her eyes flickered with realization once taking in Rhaenyra's features.

"My heiress. Saerena's daughter." Cygnus said, signaling for Rhaenyra to go ahead and purchase the books.

"But I'm your heir." Draco whined. "Rhaenyra is dead."

"No I found. She has the Black Heiress Ring. It accepted her." Cygnus growled, glaring at his grandson. "Is this how you raised him Narcissa? The ring would have never accepted him." he said, frowning in disappointed at his blonde daughter.

Narcissa and Draco flushed while Lucious growled insults.

"How did you find her? What happened to her?" Narcissa asked before Draco could open his mouth.

"A certain Hogwarts headmaster threw her into the mundane foster system after Sirius was imprisoned. I found her a few months ago, bleeding out in an alley. Let's just say... those mundane's didn't live long." Cygnus said. "The Ring accepted her, and I do expect you to keep the promise Lucious. You did promise that each head of House Malfoy would follow the head of House of Black's leader when you married my daughter. She is the next head of House of Black. If you excuse me I have to go catch up to her."

Draco looked shocked while Lucious cursed. Narcissa apparated the three of them back to Malfoy Manor.

"What did they say?" Rhaenyra asked her great uncle when he caught up to her.

"I reminded them the agreement House Malfoy and House of Black made when Lucious married Narcissa. Each and every head of House Malfoy would follow the orders of the head of House of Black." Cygnus smiled coldly.

The Girl Who Died nodded, suddenly understanding why her great uncle was a feared politician. She tapped Ragnarok and teleported him back home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions Rhaenyra met the black haired, grey eyed Ivan Lestrange, Heir of House Lestrange. The two actually became close.

Ivan was the son of Rodolphus Lestrange and his first wife, Helena Briller, a powerful French Half blood. His mother died from a lung disease soon after his birth and his father married Bellatrix, who adopted him.

After the arrests and imprisonment of his father, adopted mother, and uncle Rabastan, Ivan had grown up along, raised by his kind of strict aunt from his mother's family.

The two actually parted on good terms, since Rhaenyra had trust issues from her time in the foster system and Ivan had learned quickly on who to trust and who to not trust because of his family's reputation.

After Cygnus and the Dark Dragon finished their shopping, they apparated back to Nightingale Hall.

That is today's chapter. I hoped you enjoyed it.