DADA lessons with Umbridge

Third Person POV

The word spread about the Gryffindor's lessons with Umbridge. Harry looked resigned that Ron would be destroying any house points for Gryffindor.

When they entered the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom they found Professor Umbridge already seated at the teacher's desk, wearing the fluffy pink cardigan of the night before and the black velvet bow on top of her head.

Rhaenyra tuned out most of what the professor said until the last part:

"Well now, your teaching in this subject has been rather disrupted and fragmented, hasn't it? The constant changing of teachers, many of whom do not seem to have followed any Ministry-approved curriculum, has unfortunately resulted in your being far below the standard we would expect to see in your O.W.L. year. You will be pleased to know, however, that these problems are now to be rectified. We will be following a carefully structured, theory-centred, Ministry-approved course of defensive magic this year. Copy down the following, please"

The Queen of Dragons was bored but she went along with the lesson, vowing to self study or send a complaint to Stella.

"This is bullshit." Morag hissed as they left the room when the lesson was over.

"Morag for the love of god don't get expelled. We might as well go along with it, since its going to hit the extreme lions quite hard but the moderate lions should survive." Rhaenyra warned.

"We can just self study anyways." the Wise Raven added.

"See what I mean?" the Princess of Fire said. "Just self study this year?"

"Ah right, the Dark Lady of Hogwarts is going to self study and experiment on first years." an obnoxious voice said from behind her.

A crowd formed around her, the Ginger Lion, the Clever Lion, Harmonia, and Morag.

Rhaenyra glared at Ron. "Prove it."

"What?"

"Prove that I am a Dark Lady. And for the idiots here let me give you a lesson: THE DARK MAY BE WELL DARK, BUT LETS COMPARE IT TO THE LIGHT. ITS LIKE NIGHT AND DAY! IF YOU KILL ONE, YOU KILL THE OTHER! LIFE AND DEATH, DAY AND NIGHT, DREAMS AND NIGHTMARES! All are the different sides of the same coin! Kill one, you kill the other as well! The Dark needs the light to know they are the Dark while the Light needs the Dark to know they are the Light!" she yelled.

Murmurs of agreement went up among the students.

"Rhaenyra—"

"Heiress Black, Granger." she said lazily.

"The Dark is evil! Its simple as that, it must die!" Hermione protested.

"Yeah like how endless day will be awesome." Harmonia challenged, rolling her eyes.

"We all know you can't beat me—" Ron boasted.

"I killed to Basilisks when I was twelve, Ivan can vouch for me. What have you done other than eat, shit, and play chest while here at Hogwarts?" the dark violet eyed witch taunted.

"OOOOOOOH." the crowd went.

"Need some burn oil, Weasley?" Morag snickered.

"You filthy—"

"Fifty points from Gryffindor for threatening a student and trying to destroy a wonderful argument, Granger, Weasley." Umbridge said, pushing her way to the center. "Fifty points to Ravenclaw for using intelligence and not brawn to answer, Heiress Black. Twenty points to Ravenclaw for being able to re challenge, Heiress Fawley. Granger, Weasley, detention with me for the next week. Heiress Fawley, Heiress Black, Heiress MacDougal, you are free to go."

The crowd split up, with the three Ravenclaw witches walking away smug and secretly fist bumping.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it.