Grief Over the Lost

Third Person POV

It wasn't raining.

Rhaenyra thought it should have been raining. Because now she had the courage to visit the place.

Her footsteps echoed around as she walked through the graveyard, climbing the hill to the one she needed to see. Ragnarok flew over head.

This was a magical graveyard. For the magic users to bury their loved ones.

Rhaenyra finished climbing the hill and saw the grave. A willow tree stood just a few feet behind the grave.

CYGNUS III BLACK

1938 — 1992

FATHER, SON, HUSBAND

LUX POST TENEBRAS

The Dark Dragon began shaking as she sat on her feet, tears in her eyes.

"Hey Cygnus. It's me. Rhaenyra. I... I'm sorry I couldn't come sooner." she began. She pulled out a small bouquet of lilacs, hyacinths and gardenias.

These flowers represented family.

And Cygnus, for all his faults, loved his family dearly. Enough to die for his family, as he had died for Rhaenyra.

"I was busy, with the Triwizard Tournament and a lot of over stuff so I didn't have time to come here sooner. And... and because I couldn't come here because I would remember what happened that night." the black and silver haired witch chocked out.

She began crying and shaking as Ragnarok landed behind her. He wrapped his wing around her.

"I never got to say thank you. Thank you for rescuing me from the foster system, thank you for giving me a family, thank you for everything you did for me." the Queen of Dragons cried, openly weeping.

"I said thank you for saving me that night." she whispered.

That is today's chapter. Yeah its sad but Cygnus, the first adult Rhaenrya trusted in years, died for her.