🥀 Chapter 36

Once again, the Ramshackle Dorm members found themselves standing in the rose garden, trying to paint the remaining white roses red. Y/N had helped in the beginning, but due to the lack of restful sleep that she had the night before, Cater agreed to let her relax for a little bit. She didn't need to help them.

"We can take care of it," Cater said with a smile, puffing out his chest a little. He smirked. "You can just be my own personal cheerleader." Before she could respond, Cater gave her a small peck on the forehead, winked, and headed off to the white roses, followed by his flirtatious clones. 

Y/N sighed, not feeling up to getting mad at him for kissing her forehead out of the blue, and just leaned back on the bench, watching as her friends painted the roses red. She pulled out her phone and clicked on Magicam, scrolling through the different posts. Lilia had shown her the NRC page yesterday during lunch and Y/N had managed to find a bunch of people who went to the school.

Y/N glanced up from her phone screen and watched as her friends, including multiple other Caters, worked to make sure that every single petal was painted red. She chuckled as she remembered what had first happened when she came to Heartslabyul that morning.

. . .

Y/N was startled to see Cater standing in front of her as she exited the mirror, dressed in a different outfit than the one that he had been wearing when he had come to fetch them from the door. She still felt Cater's arm around hers, and when she turned to look at the boy beside her, she felt nothing but confusion.

"I'm gonna get the tart to the dorm leader and apologize," Ace said as he stepped through the mirror. He paused when he saw Cater standing in front of him, dressed in what looked like a black tracksuit. 

"Yo! You're here! I've been waiting for me!"

Cater pulled Y/N along. "I'm back! Sorry for the wait, me." He waved in apology to the other Cater. 

Y/N cast a glance over her shoulder for help, but all of her friends were stunned by what they were seeing.

"There are two Diamonds," Deuce exclaimed.

"You have a twin?" Ace seemed just as shocked as the rest of them, though the two Heartslabyul residents were able to snap out of their shocked state first. 

Ace chuckled. "Nope. I'm the only brother. This is my unique magic, 'split card'. I can use magic to make clones of myself."

Another Cater walked up to the group, dressed in a long white lab coat. "Welcome back, Prefect," he said, wrapping an arm around Yuu's shoulders. "And welcome back to you as well, N/N~" Another Cater stepped out from behind him, dressed in the ceremonial robes that had been on all the students at the entrance ceremony. 

"I've had it rough," the second Carter moaned, walking over to the other clones. "You guys are so late! By the way, I'm the real Cater. The more copies I make, the harder it gets, and I can't keep it up for a long time."

"Wait," Y/N said, stepping away from the Cater who had released her arm sometime during this conversation. "You're not the real Cater?"

The Cater, she couldn't remember which one he was now, smiled. "Nope! I just sent myself to go and get you so that I could keep painting with my other clones."

Y/N's eyes blinked. There was too many 'me's and 'I's to keep track of which Cater was talking about which Cater, so she just gave up and nodded. So long as that it made sense to the rest of them.

"Anyways," the real Cater said. "It's off with our heads if we're late. I don't have enough hands, so lend me yours! I'll take you right to Riddle once we're done."