🐙 Chapter 89

Y/N didn't quite know why she had gotten dressed up for her visit to Mostro Lounge. It wasn't anything fancy, but it wasn't just her uniform either. She had rummaged around in her closet and found a semi-formal outfit that Crewel had made, and thought that it was the perfect thing to wear to a meeting such as this. She felt powerful- a force to be reckoned with. 

Y/N had almost forgotten that she was here with two others, one a boy who seemed too fascinated by his surroundings to be intimidated, the other a young bodyguard who didn't want Y/N going more than a foot away from him.

"Now we're really deep in enemy territory," Jack said, his eyes wandering around the room and silently counting the people that he saw, both those with anemones and those who didn't. "Don't let your guard down."

"We'll be fine, Jack," Y/N said with a smile. "You have nothing to worry about." She placed a hand on his arm and squeezed it gently in a reassuring way. 

Y/N stepped away, hoping to go over to the bar to get a drink while she waited for Azul, but quickly found her back pressed up against something firm. As long lanky arms slipped around her waist, pulling her tight against whatever was behind her, she felt her heart leap into her throat. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who was hugging her.

"Ah, Starfish~ You finally came back!" Floyd nuzzled into Y/N's neck, inhaling her scent and committing it to memory. It was one of his favourite smells. Once he had completed his task, he looked up at the girl's companions. "Little Shrimp and Urchin came too~ Welcome!"

Jack snarled at the taller boy. "I told you I'm not a sea urchin!" 

The wolf looked ready to lunge at the Leech boy, but Y/N quickly broke away from Floyd and pressed her hand against Jack's chest, gently, but firmly, pushing him away from his antagonizer. "Ease off, Jack," she whispered, glancing over her shoulder. "We aren't here to cause a scene."

Jack grumbled a little more but said nothing more that Y/N could hear.

Thankfully, Jade seemed to notice that something was about to happen and walked over to the group, accompanied by another duo of identical-looking boys, both of whom had extravagant drinks in their hands.

"Oh my, what's this now? Thank you for coming so soon." He bowed to the group a little, like the way a butler would bow to his master. It seemed that the bow was mostly directed toward the only girl in the school, but no one questioned it.

He straightened up again. "Welcome to Mostro Lounge. This is Cyrus and Damari Manta." 

The two twins waved to the guests with identical mischievous grins on their faces that sent a chill down Y/N's spine. Their teeth were sharp... like Floyd's. She could only assume that Jade had teeth similar to his brother, but she had never seen them and was unable to confirm one way or another. 

"This is your first time visiting us, correct?"

"Uh-"

Jade chuckled. "Not you, Little Pearl. I simply mean your companions."

Yuu looked ready to say something, but the wolf interrupted him before he could say anything.

"I thought about it this afternoon but... Do you enjoy asking questions you already know the answer to?"

Jade chuckled. "It's just to be sure." He seemed... irritatingly pleased with himself. "Well then, this may be presumptuous of me, but please allow me to explain a few pointers for this establishment. Mostro Lounge is a place for social meetings for gentlemen -"

Y/N cleared her throat with a quirked eyebrow and Jade chuckled.

"And ladies of course. Disputes between dormitories are strictly forbidden. Here you shall follow the rules of Octavinelle, no matter which dorm you come from. Please follow our rules and enjoy your time in the lounge."