🦁 Chapter 62

"Miss Y/N, I do hope you're ready because I'm coming in."

Y/N jumped and quickly ran her hands through her hair once more. Jade had arrived at precisely seven o'clock, and Y/N had hardly had time to get ready. She had rushed back to the dorm as soon as she had managed to escape from Savanaclaw. She had taken a quick shower, eager to get the smell of sweat off of her, and had changed into one of the beautiful dresses that Crewel had given her. 

Jade smiled coyly when he saw Y/N struggling to do up a necklace. Her tongue was sticking out of her tongue in concentration, and he snickered. He approached her seat in front of the vanity and gently took the necklace from her hands, securing it easily behind her neck. Then, he took the ribbon that she had used to tie up her hair and pulled it free, allowing her hair to cascade down her back. 

"Azul would prefer it like this," he said, leaning forward so he could whisper in her ear. 

Y/N nodded, her tongue feeling like it was twisted. 

Jade took her hand and turned her around. He would have pulled her up from the chair, but he noticed that Y/N had yet to put on any shoes. 

"I thought I said that I would not let you continue getting ready once I got here." He glanced up at Y/N. "But I am a gentleman. Tell me, my pearl, where are the shoes that you were going to wear?" 

Y/N pointed to a pair of f/c heels that were sitting on the small bench at the bottom of her bed. Jade summoned them with a wave of his pen, and a second later, the beautiful heels were in his hands. He carefully slid them onto Y/N's feet and secured the straps around her ankles. 

"Are you ready, little pearl?" 

Y/N nodded, feeling the heat creeping up her cheeks like vines. Jade smiled and pulled Y/N to her feet. 

"Shall we get going?" He didn't wait for an answer and grabbed a shawl that was hanging on the door of Y/N's wardrobe. He threw it around her shoulder, wrapped her arm around his, and pulled her from her room. 

Yuu and Grim were sitting down in the lobby and they looked up when they heard Y/N descending the stairs. Yuu could have sworn that his heart stopped at the sight of the girl. 

"Y/N," he asked, getting to his feet. "Where are you going?"

"Oh. I promised Azul that I would visit the Mostro Lounge. Jade is here to escort me there."

Yuu nodded. "What time do you think you'll be back?"

Y/N turned to Jade, wondering if he had a specific time in mind. 

"I will have her back by eleven at the latest. Now come, my pearl, we shouldn't keep Azul waiting." 

"Goodnight, Yuu," Y/N called over her shoulder. "Goodnight, Grim! Don't stay up for me!"

Yuu watched Y/N walk away, waiting for her to completely disappear into the dark of the night. 

Mostro lounge wasn't like anything that Y/N had imagined. For starters, it felt like the entirety of the dorm was being kept beneath the waves, and the entrance to the dorm was a large skeleton. It was of an animal that Y/N couldn't recognize. The rest of the dorm seemed to be constructed in a castle design, but in a strange design that Y/N had never seen before. It almost seemed to be a sort of shell shape.

"This way, little pearl," Jade hummed, continuing to pull Y/N along. She subconsciously moved closer to her escort as they entered the mouth of the skeleton. 

"What animal is that," she whispered. 

Jade shrugged. "I'm not sure. The skeleton has been here since the school was constructed. I suppose it is a monster from the depths of the Coral Sea. Perhaps you could ask Azul about it."