🥀 Chapter 46

"Riddle! Y/N! Wake up!"

Y/N could feel someone's hands on her shoulders, shaking her ever so gently as she started to stir. 

"Y/N!" The voice sounded like it was hovering directly over her head, and as her eyes started to flutter open, she realised who was staring down at her. Cater Diamond's face was hovering only a few inches away, and as her eyes widened, he backed away, looking strangely flushed.

Y/N said nothing as she took in the appearance of the garden. Scared throughout the grove were splintered and uprooted trees, buckets of red paint that Cater and his clones had scrambled to cover up, and to her surprise, even some of the hedges seemed to have suffered due to Riddle's outburst.

"So much destruction," Y/N whispered to herself. The grove had been so beautiful and she felt her heart tear at the sight of the enchanted blossoms wilting as they lay on the ground, broken and forgotten. A single white rose was sitting next to her and she picked it up, gently caressing the petals.

"Are you okay, Y/N?" Cater was the one who had asked, and she nodded, unable to find her voice.

"Riddle isn't waking up," Trey exclaimed, turning to Cater and Y/N. At the mention of the boy's name, Y/N scrambled over to his unconscious form and gently took him from Trey, resting the boy in her lap as she ran her hands through his hair. 

"Riddle," she whispered. "Riddle, wake up. Wake up!" She cradled his head with one hand while she pressed the other to his chest. A soft golden glow bloomed beneath her touch and it took but a second before Riddle's eyes shot open.

"Huh?"

Ace pouted in the corner as he saw his dorm leader wake up. He was happy that he was okay, but he could deal without the tyranny, which he still hadn't forgotten about. "His eyes opened!"

Cater let out a long sigh as he sat down next to Y/N, supporting most of his weight by leaning back on his arms. "For real, we were wondering whether or not you'd wake up or not."

Riddle sat up, though he remained close to Y/N, and everyone noticed that the more he looked around the grove, the closer he came to tears. "What... did I...?"

Crowley approached the group and smiled beneath the mask. "I'm so glad. He came back to his senses." He turned to Y/N. "And I am glad to see that you are back to normal as well Miss Artem."

Riddle looked like he was about to get up, but Trey stopped him by pushing his shoulder back down so that he was resting on Y/N's lap. Trey shot her a grateful look. 

"There's no need to think about it now," Trey said gently. "Just sleep."

"Ugh. Of course, he goes berserk after getting a little mad if you're coddling him all the time," Ace snapped, glaring down at the boy in Y/N's arms. "The garden is a disaster and we were in big trouble!"

"Ace," Y/N said with a sigh. "As kindly as I can say this... shut up. This is not the time for your petty comments."

"It was a crazy situation," Deuce said, kneeling next to Y/N.

Grim was quick to join as well, placing his little paws on Y/N's arm as he scolded Riddle as a mother would. "Seriously. Bottling up all your stress isn't admirable."

Riddle stared at the checkered pattern of Y/N's dress and fiddled with a bit of the lace. "I... really wanted to eat that Mont Blanc."

Ace reeled back in shock as Y/N smiled, thankful that her foresight had prevented her from getting rid of it.

Riddle continued in a broken voice barely above a whisper. "The roses are fine white, and the flamingos are fine being pink. I like putting honey in my tea more than sugar cubes, and I like milk tea more than lemon tea." A few tears welled up in his eyes, and he slowly turned to look up at Y/N. "I want to chat with everyone while we eat..."