🦁 Chapter 70

A/N: The next few chapters might be a little bit shorter, just because the chapters in the game are a little shorter and I generally try to stick to the chapters that the game gives me. Only ten chapters left in this chapter and then we can move on to the Halloween special! Yes, I know that it is not Halloween, but I am trying to keep it as chronological as possible. 

Y/N woke to find herself in yet another strange place, this one somehow more dreary than the last scenes that she had endured. 

"Another night, another dream," she muttered to herself. 

This time, she seemed to be in a cave of sorts, not a valley like the last dream. There was a small opening to the right, where the wind swept in from, wrapping around Y/N's nightgown covered form, and pulled her in the direction that led her deeper into the cave. On the ground next to her foot was a small bone cage with a strange bird inside. She had no idea what kind of bird it was, but it seemed to be talking indistinctly, simply mutters to Y/N's ears.

On a rock across the cave from where she was standing was a familiar lion, reclining on his back. He was less than thrilled and seemed agonizingly bored. She scoffed. Of course, the King of Beasts would be like Leona and act like a lazy kitten when no one was around to watch him. Actually, it didn't seem like he really cared about whether or not people were there to watch him be lazy. For both Leona and the King of Beasts.

'They're like twins,' Y/N huffed, taking a seat on a small rock. Her legs were tired from walking all day, and sadly, it seemed like the walking that she had done in real life also affected the feeling of her legs in her dreams. 

"Do stop Zazu," the King of Beasts said in a growl. "You're bringing the mood down."

Zazu seemed to be the strange bird in the cage. "Oh, I'd never have to do this with Mufasa."

That seemed to anger the lion enough that he jumped off of the rock and landed in front of the cage, nearly landing on Y/N. The poor girl threw herself back against the cavern wall, her heart beating more violently than ever in her chest.

"What?! What did you say?! I am the king!" The King of Beasts rattled the cage angrily.

"Hey boss!" A hyena suddenly appeared and the King of Beasts retreated back to his rock, lying down once more. "We got a bone to pick with you."

Another hyena appeared, glaring at the lion up on his throne. "Scar, there's no food, no water, and we're starving!"

A third hyena, this one looking crazier than anything Y/N had ever seen, entered behind the others and Y/N pressed herself up against the cave walls once more. Never had she been in the presence of such dangerous animals, and even if they couldn't see her, Y/N's mind still activated the fight or flight response. Against a lion and three hyenas, Y/N knew that she would never stand a chance.

"Oh, I don't care," the lion declared with a wave of his paw. "Eat Zazu!"

The hyenas turned away from the lion and started talking quietly amongst themselves. 

"Things were better under Mufasa," one said. 

"Hmph, is that so," the King of Beasts said with a huff, rising to his feet. "You're an eyesore! Get out!" The hyenas were quick to leave, running faster than a cheetah. 

Y/N was quick to wake up after that, and as soon as her eyes were open, she was throwing off her covers and getting ready to face the day. She straightened out her blankets and made sure to tuck them in, pressing a quick kiss to the top of Edurne's head as she did so. 

"Morning, sweetie," she cooed, picking up the bunny and bringing her over to the small house that Y/N had made out of the scrap wood that had come from cleaning up Ramshackle.