🥀 Chapter 37

To say that Ace was peeved would be an understatement. Y/N had been the one to "get rid" of the tart after Riddle gave the order, but instead, she safely sent it off to the kitchen where it would wait until Riddle had calmed down a little more. But, unfortunately, at the sight of his hard work disappearing off of the table, Ace looked ready to flip said table.

"Wait just a moment! You really have dumba** rules like that?"

Grim piped up from the ground. "Yeah! I would have eaten it if I had known that you were going to toss it!"

Trey stepped up to Riddle, hoping to appease the beast. "My deepest apologies, Dorm Leader. I was the one who said we should make a Mont Blanc."

"Yeah. I didn't think there would be a rule for something like that," Cater added.

"Making it isn't the problem here," Riddle clarified. "The fact that you brought it here, today, is the problem!"

Yuu sighed and crossed his arms. "Anyone who follows that kind of rule is an idiot." Y/N shot a look at Yuu. Was he trying to dig his own grave?

Riddle turned his stone-cold glare to the boy. "Idiot, you say?"

Cater put his hand over Yuu's mouth a second too late. "Stop," he hissed. "That word is taboo." He turned back to the fuming redhead. "And Riddle, these are freshmen that are still learning the ropes."

Ace shoved his way in front of his friends, glaring at the shorter dorm head. "No, I'm gonna say it. Anyone who obeys that rule and tosses the tart is an idiot! Stop screwing around!"

"I agree with Ace," Deuce declared. "I think that rules are meant to be followed but this is too arbitrary."

"You've got quite the nerve, talking back to me. Listen well. Even breaking insignificant rules leads to huge problems."

"The other residents are afraid of getting their magic sealed so they don't speak up, but I'm sure they feel the same!" Ace gestured wildly to the boys sitting in the garden. They had silently been watching the interaction, wondering how Riddle would react to being called out in front of his entire dorm. But at Ace's bold claim, they all started to fear for their magic.

"No," one of them called out. "We..." but he trailed off. 

"Huh, is that so," Riddle asked.

"Not at all, Dorm Leader," one of the students yelled.

"Everything is based on your judgement," another agreed.

Ace and Grim muttered something about irritating dorm members. 

"In the years that I've been dorm leader, there hasn't been a single student held back or expelled from Hearslabyul Dorm," Riddle declared. "Only Heartslabyul can say that. In this dorm, I am the one with the highest marks and the strongest. That makes me the most correct! So all you have to do is follow my rules without talking back!" He slammed his hands down on the table, making Y/N jump a little in her seat. "I'm not cutting off your heads because I want to. You keep breaking the rules and leave me no choice. If you won't obey me... then it's off with all your heads!"

Y/N looked around at the garden, her eyes widening with terror. It seemed like all of the residents were shaking, looking at each other. They didn't want to listen to the tyrannical rule of this boy, but it was clear that they didn't want to lose their magic or have a collar around their necks.

Cater stepped up. "Now, everyone just say, 'Yes, Dorm Leader'." It was strange to see a glare on his face, and Y/N was quick to decide that she didn't like it. She much preferred when he was smiling, or attempting to flirt with her. The glare seemed almost unnatural on his face.