🥀 Chapter 39

Pomefiore dorm was like nothing Y/N had ever seen before. As soon as she stepped through the mirror, she was speechless at the sheer grandeur that seemed to ooze from the cracks of the stones. A large castle stood in front of Y/N, made of marble and white stone, with elegant windows that reminded Y/N of a picture of a castle that she had seen in her history textbook. Hanging over the main entrance was the symbol of the dorm, a dagger stabbed through what looked like a poison apple, and the same purple that was used for the shield seemed to have been used for the elegant rooves sheltering the many male students inside. 

As she was standing there, staring up at the castle-like an idiot, she failed to notice that a familiar vice-dorm head was walking toward her, a small bounce in his step. He was still in his class uniform, having just come from his last class of the day, and as he approached the girl, he wrapped an arm around her waist.

"Come, come," he said eagerly, pulling Y/N along toward the large doors.

"Rook," Y/N squeaked out as she nearly tripped.

"Oui, Clair de Lune. Roi du Poison asked me to wait for you at the gate until you arrived, but since you are already here, I suppose that I should take you to the castle." He waved his hand and the two doors opened wide.

The interior of the dorm made Y/N's mouth drop open. True, Heartslabyul and Diasomnia had elegant dorms, and Diasomnia's had an aura of grandeur and elegance, but Pomefiore somehow seemed to top that. Priceless sculptures and trinkets littered the halls, candles were flickering in their sconces, despite the natural sunlight that seemed to pour in by the bucketload through the huge windows. 

Rook pulled Y/N up a large marble staircase and down a long hallway. A red carpet lined the ground beneath their feet, and to their right, elegant golden archways allowed for large panes of glass to be installed, held in place by golden edges. Warm light flickered from the candelabras standing between each arch, and Y/N had to fight the urge to reach out her hand and watch the light as it graced her fingers.

"Come, Clair de Lune," Rook urged, pulling Y/N up yet another staircase. "Roi du Poison does not like to be kept waiting."

"Oui..." Y/N was too distracted by the beauty of the dorm to say anything more. 

After a short time, Y/N wished that the walk had been longer, Rook pushed open a door and, albeit gently, shoved Y/N through the arch, shutting the door behind her with a wink. Y/N flushed when she realised that she was in someone's bedroom, and she soon discovered it to be Vil's. 

He noticed her as soon as he walked out of what Y/N assumed to be the bathroom, and gave her a small smile.

"Hello, Y/N," he said, gently grabbing a towel from a chair that was set up in front of a mirror. He motioned for Y/N to take a seat, and she walked over, swallowing nervously. But before she could, Vil held out his hand, stopping her in her tracks.

"Let me admire your uniform for a moment, Lady Y/N," he said. He reached out and pushed Y/N's shoulder back, forcing her to straighten her back, and he gently tugged at the collar of her uniform. 

When she had entered the dorm, her uniform had changed once again. Her uniform was similar to the uniform that the residents of Pomefiore wore while they were wandering about their dorm, though with a slightly more feminine touch to it. Most of the uniform was simple. A pair of black leggings, with a black dress shirt and a black vest overtop, buttoned up with small golden buttons, and of course, the beautiful mid-calf boots that had appeared on her feet. The boots seemed to be made of black faux leather with a golden toe, and golden ribbon that tied it up tight in the front. The statement piece of the ensemble was the beautiful midnight indigo robe that flowed around her arms and waist. It was the same as what all of the boys were wearing, except for the fact that it seemed a little more prone to flowing than theirs. And of course, there was the black corset belt and red tassels, which matched the lining of the robe, and the black gloves that adorned her hands.