🥀 Chapter 45

The world in front of Y/N was beautiful. That much was plain to see. The rolling hills that seemed to go on forever in a sea of green, mixed perfectly with the trees that grew to the left in an impenetrable forest of evergreens and oaks. A cool morning breeze blew the ground beneath Y/N's feet and she shivered, wrapping her arms around herself. That's when she noticed the dress she was wearing. 

A beautiful garment of white adorned her body, held up by two thin straps over her shoulders. Two thick flowing sleeves of white wrapped loosely around her elbows and hung down to the middle of her forearms. The rest of the dress was fairly simple, and the sheet of white fabric flowed around her legs in the breeze like the softest blanket.

"Long ago, there was a kingdom, known far and wide for their kind and just rulers, and the beautiful princess that had been born to the king and queen."

Y/N tried to ask who was speaking but found that her voice had vanished. But for some reason, this did not fill her with panic. Instead, it seemed to calm her. 

The sound of horses echoed around the hills and Y/N turned to see a legion of beautiful horses riding toward her, the two in the front bearing stunning black coats that seemed to sparkle in the light of the morning. Riding atop one was a woman of pure elegance with a beautiful silver crown atop her h/c hair. Next to her was a man of equal grace, smiling joyfully at the sight before them.

"It is a beautiful morning, is it not, my fair queen?" He dismounted from his horse and walked over to a beautiful white horse that had pulled up alongside his. 

"I must say that I agree, darling. We were fortunate that the rain stopped before the morning came." The queen dismounted from her horse with the assistance of a squire, who bowed politely to her before allowing her to join the man, who Y/N assumed to be her husband.

"And how did you enjoy the ride, my little princess?" The man scooped the small girl, who couldn't be any older than six, up in his arms and spun her around. She squealed in delight as he settled her back on the ground. She stumbled for a few steps, unable to discern where the ground stood due to her dizzy state, and eventually found herself in the arms of the queen.

"It was great!" 

The queen scooped up the girl and nuzzled their noses together. "I am thrilled to hear that you loved the ride, my little heart. We shall make a habit of coming out here on the days when your father and I do not have to work."

The little girl clapped her hands happily and threw her arms around her mother, whose laugh sounded like little bells. The king came over and wrapped his arms around the two girls, kissing them both, before taking his daughter from his wife's arms and throwing his young princess up onto his shoulders. She laughed once more and held her arms out to the side, catching the wind in her billowing purple sleeves. 

"Now now, my loves," the queen said, stepping forward. She steadied her husband, who had been spinning around with his daughter. "I wouldn't want you to fall and injure yourselves before we could have our picnic." She helped her daughter down and set her on the ground.

"I'm gonna go and look for flowers," the young girl declared, running off into the horizon, her personal guard trailing after her with a fond smile on his face.

The voice returned as Y/N trailed after the two, watching as the little girl stumbled upon a meadow of daisies, lilies, and too many other flowers for her to name. The little girl collapsed in the bed of flowers and stared up at the sky, calling her guard over so that they could look at the stars together.

"She was a princess to everyone who saw her. They treasured her more than all the gold and silver in the royal treasury. She had brought joy to the kingdom with her birth, and since that day, she continued spreading joy to each corner of her beloved kingdom with every breath she took."