🐙 Chapter 94

Why couldn't she remember visiting the garden? Why couldn't she remember what happened in the dream?

Y/N woke to the sun shining on her face, streaming in through the open window across from where she was lying. She smiled at the sensation, but then frowned when she felt something draped across her waist, and something firm pressed up against her back. 

Ever so carefully, she turned and nearly screamed when she saw Leona Kingscholar's face mere inches from hers. It wasn't inches, plural, it was "inch". There was only about an inch of room between their faces, less so between their noses. Y/N stared at him in shock as she tried to remember what had happened the night before. The last thing she could remember was falling asleep on the couch in the Savanaclaw lobby after Jade and Floyd kicked her, Yuu, and Grim out of Ramshackle. 

Y/N slowly turned back over to the other side and tried to slide out from beneath Leona's arm. For acting so tough in front of everyone else, he sure did like to cuddle. Y/N was caught in a death grip and no matter how much she tried, she couldn't struggle out from beneath the lion's arm. 

'Curse all of his Magift practice,' she thought to herself.

Unable to move, Y/N silently admired the lion's face and the look of peace that adorned his face. For once he wasn't snarling, and he wasn't sneering down at some younger student who happened to make a mistake. He wasn't shouting at someone for stepping on his tail as he slept in the most inconvenient places, and he wasn't getting irritated with the smallest thing. He was simply, peaceful.

. . . 

"Leona?"

The lion looked up and frowned when he saw that someone was sitting on the end of his bed. A young woman smiled down at him and calmly brushed away a few strands of his hair, tucking them out of his face.

"You have to get up now," she whispered softly, her hand trailing the length of the lion's face. 

Leona groaned and gripped her hand, settling it on his cheek. "Farena sent you to wake me, didn't he?"

Y/N nodded. "Cheka's presentation is today and your brother wanted you to be there to welcome your nephew."

That was about the worst news that Leona could have woken up to hear. He growled and threw the woman's hand away, turning over in his bed in hopes of ignoring the grey cloud that was looming over the Savannah. He had nearly forgotten about his baby nephew. 

"Leona?"

He said nothing and as he listened to the breeze fluttering in through his window, he heard the young woman get to her feet, telling him that he had a few hours before he was expected to be at Pride Rock. Then, she left, leaving the lion to brood in silence.

. . .

The door was suddenly flung open and Y/N shifted to see Ruggie walk into the room with a coy smirk on his face.

"Ah, Y/N. I see why Leona didn't need an extra bed for you." He snickered behind his hand and Y/N glared at him. She reached up to the top of the bed where some throw pillows were located and chucked one to where she hoped Ruggie was standing. Lucky for her, she had judged the distance right and the pillow clocked Ruggie in the face. This of course, just made the hyena laugh louder and longer, eventually waking Leona from his sleep.

"Ugh," the man groaned, subconsciously moving closer to the warmest thing, which happened to be Y/N in this case. He wrapped both of his arms around her and pulled her closer to him, nuzzling into her hair and breathing in her scent.

Ruggie whipped out his phone and took a picture. But unfortunately, both victims heard the snap of the camera and in a second, Leona was up, tackling Ruggie to the ground and stealing his phone from him.

"Don't take pictures, you ba****d," Leona hissed. He gripped the phone tight as he glared at Ruggie.

Y/N rolled her eyes and slid out of the bed, grabbing her robe, which she had magically summoned, and slipped into it before addressing the boys. She took Ruggie's phone from Leona and quickly sent the photo to herself before deleting it from Ruggie's phone. 

"Happy," she said, showing the deleted screen to Leona. The moody lion nodded and left to get ready for the day, though for a moment it looked like he was about ready to climb back under the covers. 

"How did you sleep, Y/N," Ruggie asked with a smirk.

Y/N shrugged. "I had a dream that I can't remember, which is bothering me, but other than that, I slept pretty well." She scratched her forearm, "It was hot though. Is it always this hot in Savanaclaw?"

Ruggie nodded and tossed his hands behind his head. "Always. You should get used to it if you're gonna be here for the next few days though." He smirked, "Though my room is cooler than Leona's -"

"Ruggie!" Leona emerged from what Y/N assumed to be the bathroom and glared at Ruggie. "I already told you that there's no way that the herbivore is sleeping in your room." He walked up to Y/N and wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her forcefully back to his side, snarling at the Hyena.

"Shishishi, it was just a suggestion," Ruggie snickered. "Anyways, I just thought that I would come and tell you that everyone was getting ready for practice."

Leona groaned and for a second, Y/N wondered if he was going to flop back down onto the bed, but he shuffled to the door, pausing once.

"Stay put," he growled to Y/N. "I'll come and get you once our practice is done." He left without another word, quickly tailed by Ruggie who seemed to find too much joy in teasing him about the fact that he had been too tired to give Y/N her own bed the night before. 

Y/N snickered and as the door shut behind the boys, she sat down on the bed, wondering what she should do now that the boys were gone. Her eyes drifted towards the door again and she smirked, rising to her feet. Sure, Leona had said not to wander around... but what was he gonna do about it?

A/N: I am so sorry that it has taken me so long to update. I want to start giving Y/N more background and I had no idea how to do that. But I got it figured out now so we can resume the story! This is a short chapter, and I apologize for that, but I hope that the next few updates will make up for that.