🐙 Chapter 85

"So Jack why did you -"

Y/N stopped dead in her tracks as she entered Mostro Lounge, her gaze frozen on the sheer amount of students that she saw in front of her. It seemed that half of the school was crowded into the lounge, with Azul, Jade, and Floyd watching over them all like hawks. Jack and Yuu were the only ones that stood out from the group of students for one reason in particular. All the other students had some strange sea anemone growing out the top of their heads!

"What in Twisted Wonderland is going on?!" Y/N turned to the raised part of the lounge, which seemed to be acting as a stage for Jack and Azul's argument, and gave them a withering stare. "I need an explanation as to why I come back to see that half of the school has a sea anemone growing out of their head!"

Azul tried not to shrink under the girl's intimidating glare. He gestured to the student. "They did not get in the top fifty for exams."

Y/N quirked an eyebrow and crossed her arms. "That explains nothing, Ashengrotto. I need a full explanation, now."

Azul sighed and pushed his glasses up his nose. "Fine. Would you care to join me in the VIP room? I would like to speak with you without worrying about..." he glanced over at Jack, who was still glaring at him, "Prying ears listening in."

"Fine." Y/N and Azul walked over to the swinging saloon doors and sat down inside the VIP room, Y/N staring at Azul. 

The dorm head of Octavinelle took his own sweet time sitting down, as he seemed more interested in getting a drink for Y/N. The girl allowed him to make a beverage for her from the limited supplies in his room, watching silently as he stirred the drink around with a twisted spoon. He popped some ice into a small whisky glass and poured the drink over top. Then, he put a lemon on the side of the glass and handed it to Y/N.

"I hope you enjoy it, Miss Artem."

Y/N sighed and sunk into the couch. "Azul, I know what you're trying to do."

"And what am I trying to do, Miss Artem?"

"One of two things. You're either trying to get me to forget about my friends, or you're trying to charm me into thinking that they are fine like this."

Azul chucked and took a seat next to the girl. "I will admit that I am trying to charm you, Miss Artem, though not for that reason. You wished for an explanation, and I am a gentleman enough to give it to you." 

He paused and shifted a little bit, as he pulled out his pen. He waved it and a second later, a small plate of purple macarons appeared. 

"Macaron?"

"Thanks." 

"The explanation as to why your friends find themselves with anemones growing out of their heads is because they signed a deal with me. They wanted to make sure that they would get a good mark on the exams, so they struck a deal. It was part of the deal that if they didn't manage to get in the top fifty spots, they would have to work for me. The anemones are simply a mark of their employment."

Y/N took a small silver spoon from the table and swirled her drink around, watching as the iridescent liquid swirled around the ice. 

"So it was of their own fault that they have those anemones?"

Azul nodded. "Of course. I am simply a businessman, angelfish. I have no intentions of lying to them."

Y/N didn't quite believe him, but she didn't see any point in arguing with him over this. It was such a small issue. 

"Fine." 

Y/N finished the drink quickly and placed the drink on the coffee table in the centre of the room. Then, she turned to Azul. "Shall we go and tell Jack what's wrong?"