🐙 Chapter 91

"And the conditions to fill this contract are..." Azul smirked at Yuu. "Go to the Atlantica Memorial Museum and retrieve a certain photo within the next three days."

Y/N could still hardly believe that Yuu had decided to go through with the deal, especially when both she and Jack, Grim did not seem to fit as a suitable voice of reason, advised against him signing the contract with Azul. If these people were willing to sign away their magic in order to have an easy 'A', then it was their fault. They made their bed and now they must lie in it. Or at least, that's what Y/N thought, though Jack seemed to agree. Yuu, however, was ready to be the knight in shining armour that saves all the "poor souls" trapped in Azul's grasp.

"You want us to steal a museum exhibit," Jack asked, appalled at Azul's request. 

The Leech twins seemed to flinch at Azul's request as well and Y/N frowned at them. They clearly knew what was up, but didn't seem like they were intending on speaking their minds.

Azul shook his head. "No, it's not an art exhibit. What I want you to steal is a photo that was taken ten years ago, commemorating Prince Rielle's visit to the museum."

"A prince's commemoration photo," Jack asked.

"It is a plain photo panel lacking any historical value displayed near the entrance. Simply borrowing it won't cause a big fuss."

"Why do you want us to get something like that," Grim asked.

Azul scoffed and slumped back into his chair a bit. "This wouldn't be a battle of wits without some sort of challenge right?"

Y/N rolled her eyes.

"If it's too simple then it is unprofitable for me." His smirk turned cold as his eyes narrowed. "We are not a charity."

"The Atlantica Memorial Museum holds many national treasures of the Coral Sea like the 'silver dinglehopper'. The cultural heritage from The Mermaid Princess' Cornucopia and her twenty thingamabobs are collected there so it's a famous sightseeing spot. It won't be like trying to find a piece of gold dust at the bottom of the ocean," Jade explained. 

"Oh yeah," Floyd hummed, rubbing the back of his head. "Didn't we go there once in elementary school?"

"Hold on," Jack huffed. "The Coral Sea is a country located at the bottom of the ocean. For those of us without gills or fins just going there is difficult. Isn't this condition too extreme?"

"Yeah, yeah," Grim exclaimed, hopping up onto Azul's desk. "I can't breathe underwater, y'know!"

Azul sighed and rubbed the space between his eyes. "Figure out a way to overcome that challenge... is what I would like to say but please relax. I shall provide you with a potion that will allow you to breathe underwater." He reached into his desk drawer and pulled out a small glass vial filled with a strange green liquid. Y/N wasn't surprised to see that it was shaped like a nautilus shell. "Because it is said that the Sea Witch even provided the unfortunate mermaid princess with legs to meet her human love." He laughed. "It's important to be benevolent." 

He stood the slightest bit and handed the potion to Y/N, trusting her more than the rest. "Please keep this safe, angelfish. It is the only one that I currently have in stock."

"What will you do," Azul asked. "Will you accept the deal and sign the contract? I am a very busy man so please hurry up and make your decision." He leaned back in his chair and waited for Yuu's rather quick decision.

"Deal."

Azul smirked and snapped his fingers. A golden contract floated out of thin air and floated down in front of Yuu, along with a feather quill.