🐙 Chapter 97

Breakfast that morning was well deserved for those who had endured the long and arduous Savanaclaw training. Surprisingly enough, Leona, Ruggie, and Jack all felt compelled to join their new "friends", Leona would beg to differ, at the table in the cafeteria that morning to discuss what Leona thought was a rather stupid deal. Y/N wasn't entirely sure where she stood on the matter, but she found herself leaning toward the irritated lion's perspective.

"Breakfast after a good workout is amazing, y'know! I crave meat more than usual." Grim bit into a breakfast steak that he had gotten and Y/N rolled her eyes at the boisterous monster. 

She took a bite of her pancakes and let out a sigh, glancing around the cafeteria. It seemed that everyone was awake bright and early this morning.

"Oh yeah, that's right... So why did y'all decide to do something as dumb as making a deal with that octo-punk?" His leg bumped against Y/N's and he smirked at her annoyed face. She scooted a little closer to Jack, who didn't seem to mind and continued eating his eggs. "Thanks to that my room shrank."

Y/N looked down at her food, feeling somewhat shameful. It wasn't her fault that Leona didn't wake her up the night before to kick her out, or send her to Jack's room. 

Ruggie felt compelled to speak up and leaned across the table. He had elected to sit directly across from Y/N, which only he noticed seemed to irk Leona. "Well if you're upset about loosing space, Y/N could always and stay in my room." He snickered. "I have plenty of room."

"No."

Yuu launched into a minor monologue about everything that had happened recently, starting with the irresponsibility of his friends who had made a deal to get better grades, and how they wanted Yuu to break them free.

Leona laughed and grinned coyly. "You made a deal to free all those idiot that entered contracts for the final exams? This is rich! Sends a chill down my spine."

"There was that rumor about how amazing Azul's test notebooks were. I can totally understand why someone would want it," Ruggie hummed.

"Does that mean you two didn't make a deal with Azul for the tests," Jack asked his upperclassmen. "Leona seems like the one who'd wanna take it easy the most..." Jack paused when he saw Y/N shaking her head. "Ah, no, never mind." He scratched his ear nervously and returned to his food, not interested in irritating his dorm leader who could easily punish him for the unintentionally snide comment. 

"Idiot. Who in their right mind would make a deal with that cheating ba***** because they want to? I have made a deal before because the situation called for it but... The conditions weren't anything crazy."

Ruggie seemed to agree. "Yeah, he's not the kind of guy you wanna rely on casually. But he is a skilled wizard that can make even the most outlandish wishes come true."

"When making a deal, the one who wants something has the disadvantage," Leona said. "There's any number of ways to dupe herbivores that can't think on their feet and who will sign a contract without considering it carefully."

Y/N noticed that Yuu was slowly growing more nervous and Y/N swiftly kicked Leona under the table, silently telling him to shut up. Leona glared at her, silently asking why she had kicked him, but he was ignored as Y/N reached across the table and took Yuu's hand in hers, making him look at her. 

"We'll be able to beat Azul, Yuu. I know we can do it. Especially with these lovely lads helping us." She glanced to the Savanaclaw students with a smirk. "Won't you boys?" They all looked away from her with red faces, save Leona who simply looked peeved at her assumption, but she just snickered and returned to eating her food. 

"What kind of condition did he give you?" Leona bit into his food and waited for Yuu to answer.

"We have to steal a picture from the Atlantica Memorial Muesum," Y/N said. She speared a piece of her waffle and popped it into her mouth, allowing Yuu to explain more about the conditions of the deal. 

"By the time the sun sets on the third day," Leona muttered, crossing his arms. It looked as though he might lean back if not for the lack of a backing on his chair.

"Sneak into the Atlantic Memorial Museum and take a certain picture," Ruggie hummed. He pouted and his ears drooped the slightest bit. "You have my condolences."

Y/N scoffed. "You boys really aren't helping matters. The last thing we need is people telling us that we're gonna fail right out of the gate."

"Isn't the Atlantica Memorial Museum under water? How exactly to you plan to get there?"

Yuu pulled out the vial of potion that Azul had given him. "Azul gave us this. He said that it will let us breathe underwater." He swirled the glowing green goop around and grimaced as something slimy streaked across the glass. 

"We don't know how well it'll work, though," Jack said.

"I trust Azul," Y/N interjected, surprising the people around her. "I at least trust him enough to know that the potions will work. I won't say that I entirely trust him because I'm sure he will do something else to try and prevent us from getting the picture, but I would bet money that the potion will work just as he said it will."

Ruggie snickered. "I don't think his pride would let him make a subpar potion."

Leona just scoffed. "Then shouldn't you hurry up and get a move on? Time is money, they say."

"I don't think we should -"

"Ffna! Oh yeah. We should get to the Atlantica Memorial Museum ASAP," Grim shouted, jumping out of his seat.

"You're right. We've only got three days. There's no time to drag our feet."

The boys shot out of their seats, taking their food with them and disposing of what was left. 

Y/N turned to Leona, who had a wicked smirk on his face. "You knew that they would run off without a plan."

Leona laughed. "Of course. Your little friends don't stop to think." 

Y/N made a strangling motion towards Leona, but got to her feet and went to dump her dirty dishes with the others. She was about to follow after the boys when she felt a hand on her shoulder, turning her around. Her eyes widened when she saw the Manta brothers standing behind her with identical grins, and behind them were the Leech twins. She felt like a little mouse cornered by four massive cats. 

"No need to look so frightened, little pearl," Jade said, moving the Manta brothers out of the way and approaching the young girl. He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him. "We simply wish to deliver something on behalf of Azul." He gently tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and trailed his gloved hand down the line of her jaw, making her shudder. 

Cyrus reached into his blazer and pulled out a small vial with a swirling blue liquid inside. It was different from the vial that he had given to the boys. While theirs was shaped like a nautilus shell, Y/N's seemed to be modelled after a teardrop.

"Why would I need a different potion," Y/N inquired. "And what do I need this for?"

Jade smirked. "Azul wanted to give you something... special, little pearl. The potion he gave the boys will merely let them breathe underwater. But he wanted you to have the... full experience." He winked at the frightened girl, leaned down to peck her cheek, and walked off with his friends, heading towards the line to the cafe.

A/N: A short filler chapter. I have had major writers block for this section, but hopefully that'll go away soon. Also, I have some bad news. School is starting up again and my schedule is going to be jammed packed so I'm going to have to adjust my update schedules. Don't worry, none of my books are going to be discontinued, though the updates might be coming out slower.