🦁Chapter 50

"Edurne!"

Y/N tried her hardest to escape the crowd of boys, but she was no match for the boys being driven by their stomachs, eager to get their hands on the last few goodies that the bakery had brought. It took long minutes and too much effort, in Y/N's opinion, to push herself out of the mass of bodies, and by that time, Edurne was long gone. 

While Y/N was panicking over the little lost bunny, Grim emerged from the crowd of students, holding the sandwich in his hand and looking extremely pleased with his tiny self.

"Do you get how strong I am now," he yelled, holding the sandwich like a trophy. "This last deluxe menchi katsu sandwich is all mine! Nya ha ha! I'll also be taking yakisoba bread and cream-filled bread!" The little cat plunged back into the crowd, followed by Deuce and Ace.

"Grim, knock it off already," Deuce hissed. He reached out to try and snag the cat by the collar but missed by an inch as Grim lept up onto the shoulders of a Pomefiore student to try and get ahead in the line. 

"I'm so sorry everyone," Deuce exclaimed.

Ace, however, was not concerned about his friend's missing bunny, or the irritation that the little raccoon was causing as he jumped from shoulder to shoulder. Instead, Ace seemed to follow in the path that Grim and Deuce left, and soon he was up at the counter, ordering what he wanted from the ghosts.

"I'll have a roast beef and lettuce panini," he declared.

An infuriated Deuce turned on Ace, glaring at him as he struggled to get Grim down from the counter. "You don't get to just cut in line either!"

Y/N, for once in her few weeks at this school, wasn't worrying about the boys, or thinking about how they seemed to be nothing more than bottomless pits waiting to be fed. She was busy searching the cafeteria for any sign of her beloved rabbit, who seemed to have disappeared from existence. 

"Where could she have gone," Y/N cried. She sprinted toward the door, nearly pushing a group of Octavinelle boys to the floor, and was almost out of the cafeteria when she slammed straight into someone. She tumbled forward, one of the victim's feet catching her own, and sending her to the ground. 

"Curse me and my clumsiness," Y/N said and got to her feet. She quickly yelled an apology to whoever she had bulldozed into, but continued running, searching for the little bunny.

The boy that she had bumped into, stared after the girl, somewhat shocked at what had just happened. But after a quick scratch behind the ear in embarrassment, he shrugged it off and headed into the cafeteria. He had been given special instructions by his dorm head to get a sandwich for him.

"Ah crap," he sighed as he noticed the crowd. "I completely missed the lunchtime free-for-all. The deluxe menchi katsu sandwich Leona wanted is already sold out."

At that moment, who should run out of the crowd but Deuce and Ace, with Grim's collar held tightly in the hands of the blue-haired boy. Deuce only set Grim down once they reached the table where Yuu was sitting, looking somewhat bored, and even then, he made sure to keep a close eye on the little mischief-maker. He didn't want another incident like the chandelier incident to occur again.

"Nya ha ha! The taste of victory! I'll take my time savouring it!"

The boy who had just entered the cafeteria smirked when he saw the sandwich clutched tightly in Grim's tiny paws. He sauntered over to the group, his hands resting behind his head nonchalantly 

"Oh. Hey, you. That's pretty great. You got your hands on a deluxe menchi katsu sandwich, huh?"

Grim, who had been about to take a bite of his victory, looked up at the boy. He frowned as the boy eyed his sandwich, and he held it protectively.