🥀 Chapter 48

"Our great leader! The Crimson Ruler! Announcing Dorm Head Riddle!" The grove erupted in cheers as Riddle and Y/N stepped out from the shadows of the gate, smiling at everyone who had gathered for the Revenge Unbirthday Party. 

"Dorm Head Riddle! Hip hip hooray!"

Everyone seemed happier after Riddle's overblot, and though Y/N knew that it wasn't a good thing for Riddle, she knew that it was good that he was able to get all of those emotions off of his chest. And she was relieved that she had been able to retrieve some more memories and discover a little more about herself. She still couldn't believe that she was a princess, or that she had known Riddle before this whole incident with her memories.

"The roses are red, the table clothes are white. A perfect Unbirthday Party."

Y/N smiled at Riddle and placed a hand on his. "But even if it wasn't it would still be lovely." She turned to the rest of the Heartslabyul residents. "Wonderful job everyone! Everything looks amazing!" Riddle nodded and gently pulled Y/N over to where Trey, Cater, Ace, Deuce, Yuu, and Grim were standing, all looking ecstatic. 

"You don't have to change everything right away," Trey said with a kind smile. "Instead of putting jam on the mouse's nose, try putting on a scone. Change "it's worthless without" to "it would be nice to have", right?"

Riddle smiled. "Yeah, you're right."

Ace and Deuce walked over to Y/N, groaning like children. 

"Ugh. In the end, we had to handle getting the garden cleaned up and all the prep work."

"Big baby," Y/N teased, lightly punching Ace in the arm.

Deuce chuckled. "Dorm Head coming back after a full recovery is the most important."

"The garden is looking super photogenic so I'm super satisfied." Cater whipped out his phone and pulled Riddle in for a quick selfie. 

"Eh?! Cater!" Riddle struggled to push Cater away, but he was quickly released after Cater took the photo.

"Yeah! I'm ready to eat all this food," Grim exclaimed. He pulled Yuu over to a seat at the table and sat down, patting his paws on the table in excitement as he stared at all the goodies.

"Ok! Let's get to..."

"Just a moment!" 

Everyone froze at the sound of Riddle's voice.

"What?"

"Those white roses..." Riddle pointed across the grove to where a few half-painted roses were exposed. 

"We missed some," Ace exclaimed.

"Ace! Deuce! You said you painted them all!"

Deuce glared at his superior, "This is our fault?!"

Y/N couldn't help but laugh at how panicked everyone was acting. She clutched her stomach as she laughed, throwing her head back into the sun. Riddle soon joined in with his own laughter.

"Kidding," he chuckled, "I'm not going to punish you for one or two roses."

Cater grinned and his body relaxed. "R-really?! Riddle's so lenient!"

"I'll take care of it," Y/N said, walking over to the bush. She pulled out her pen and twirled it in her fingers like a baton. With one swipe across the bush, each rose changed to the fabled colour of love. She turned to the residents and with a flamboyant twirl of her pen, she returned it to the holster on her hip. 

"That takes care of the preparation," Riddle said, taking Y/N's hand and leading her over to the seat next to his at one end of the grove.

"I can't wait another second," Grim shouted from the table, hopping up and down on his chair. "Let's get this party started!"