🥀 Chapter 38

"Where did those boys wander off to?" Y/N turned around another hedge and huffed when she found herself at another dead end. She had appeased Riddle, with the dorm leader telling her that he would consider what she had said, and had then left to find her troublemaking friends. Unfortunately for her, she had no idea where she was going. Each hedge in the maze looked the same, and Y/N had no idea if the boys were even still in Heartslabyul. They weren't supposed to, because they had the collars on, but since when did they listen to the rules.

"I swear," Y/N muttered, throwing her hands up in annoyance. "I am never going to get out of here!" She kicked at a loose pebble on the ground, sending it into the hedge.

She continued to walk around, her feet growing tired in the short heels that she was wearing, and just as she was about to give up and just head to the library or the Pomefiore dorm to meet Vil, she bumped into a rather strange... thing. It seemed like a person, but with only a head, and one that was facing away from her, it was rather hard to tell. 

Y/N crept up around the head, trying to get a look at anything other than the bright purple hair that captured all of her attention. She had never seen such bright purple hair. Something twitched in the hair and she jumped a little, stepping on a branch as she did so. It was nothing that she had to worry about, for it was just the cat ears on the head that had twitched, but Y/N was startled. 

At the sound of the twig breaking, the head turned to see Y/N. Both stopped and stared at each other for a moment.

"Who are you," Y/N asked, taking a gulp of air. She glanced down at the empty space where the boy's body should have been. "And where is the rest of your body?"

The boy chuckled. "My meow-stake! I fur-got to bring out my body." The rest of his body appeared a split second later and Y/N's eyes widened as she watched. 

"You're not from NRC, are you?" She gestured to the outfit he was wearing. Rather than the dark colours of her school, the boy was wearing a purple shirt that matched his hair (and tail now that Y/N could see that he actually had a tail), and a baggy white hoodie that hung off of his shoulders. His pants were decorated with small decals, and to top it off, he was wearing a pair of bright purple combat boots that Y/N knew no student in NRC would wear.

The boy snickered childishly. "No~ I'm from RSA."

"RSA," Y/N asked.

The boy frowned. "You've never heard of RSA? And yet you go to school here?"

Y/N scratched the back of her neck. "Let's just say that I'm not exactly... familiar with places outside of this school."

The boy shrugged. "Well, RSA is Royal Sword Academy. The rival of this esteemed school."

Y/N nodded and crossed her arms. "So what are you doing here then, if the schools are such big rivals."

"Well, I thought that I would come and pay my dear friends a short visit."

"Friends?"

"Riddle and Trey~" He smirked and approached Y/N, leaning down so that their noses were level with each other. "But I think I just found a new reason to come and visit every meow and then." Taking advantage of Y/N's frozen stance, the boy brushed his nose against Y/N's grinning as he did so. "You're so cute~"

Y/N stumbled back from the boy. "You still haven't given me your name."

The boy took a step back and bowed low. "My name is Alchemi Alchemevich Pinka. I'm a great enigma with magic that's both like a person and like a cat." He smirked up at Y/N and disappeared. 

'Where did he...'

Y/N felt a hot breath on the back of her neck as a pair of arms slipped around her waist. She was gently pulled back into someone's chest and she flushed.