🦁 Chapter 56

"The guy who hurt his leg is in here somewhere," Grim said. "Find 'em!"

Y/n, Yuu, and Grim had woken up early that morning to come to the infirmary. They still had classes coming up soon because, unfortunately, it wasn't the weekend, but they had been too tired the day before to come and check things out.  Interestingly enough, Grim had been the one to wake everyone up and drag them out of bed early. Y/n was certainly surprised to see the little furball at nearly seven in the morning, looking more awake than he did after lunch. 

All the yelling drew the attention of two Heartslabyul students who were sitting near the back of the infirmary. One was resting on the bed, his bandaged leg propped up on a few pillows, while his friend sat next to him.

"What's with you guys," the injured one said. He seemed miffed that his relaxation had been interrupted by the noisy kitten. 

"You're those guys from Ramshackle Dorm that were at the Unbirthday Party." The uninjured boy seemed a little more cheerful than his friend. Understandably.

Grim seemed to jump for joy at the recognition, while Y/N just sighed and took a seat next to the injured boy. "Oooh! Look at how famous we are."

"I think infamous would be a better word, Grim," Y/N said with a sigh, staring at the bandages. "You're probably famous for crashing the entrance ceremony and getting in trouble with Riddle for being brash." She turned to the two boys, who she remembered that she had spoken to briefly during the do-over Unbirthday Party.

"It's nice to see you two again. How are you feeling?"

The boy shrugged. "Fine, I guess. I broke the bone though, so I'm on bed rest for the next while."

Y/N frowned. "That doesn't sound fine." 

"We'd like to hear about how you got injured," Yuu said, pulling up another chair and taking a seat next to Y/N.

"I don't really get it either. We were just talking while we were walking down the stairs, and before I knew it I'd fallen down them!" 

His friend nodded. "Yeah. It wasn't like he stumbled or slipped or anything."

"It was almost like my body just kinda fell forward. I can't really put it into words well."

Y/N nodded. "Well, we all hope that you get better soon." She took out a card that she had made and put it on the bedside table and leaned it up against an iron candelabra. Then, she got to her feet and pulled her friends with her, waving to the two boys as they left.

"Thank you for your cooperation," Yuu called as they left.

The next student that the group decided to investigate was a Pomefiore student. They found him leaning up in a chair in his classroom, talking with a few of his friends.

Grim ran up to the group immediately and jumped up onto the desk, startling nearly all of the students. "Hey! Hey! You got injured not too long ago. Tell us about it!" 

'No bedside manner,' Y/n sighed. She picked Grim up and moved him off of the table. He landed on the ground next to the girl and started kicking her legs, irritated that she had treated him like nothing more than a sack of potatoes.

"And who are you guys exactly?"

One of his friends slammed his fist down on the surface of the desk. "He is upset that he can't participate in the magift tournament in top condition right now!"

Though he was trying to stand up for his friend, the formerly injured student didn't take kindly to his comment and shot to his feet. He whipped off one of his gloves and threw it at the student. "How could you be so tactless, throwing salt into someone's wound like that. I challenge you! Pick up the glove!"