🥀 Chapter 43

Everyone stared at Y/N as the light faded, revealing her new appearance. Her hair had turned to the colour of gold, as had her lips and nails, and covering her body was what appeared to be a golden dress of metal and satin. Golden specks of light danced around her, the only remains left behind from the trees that would have cut everyone behind her to shreds.

Riddle stared at Y/N and the golden sparks that had once been his deadly weapons. "This is..."

"We're alive," Ace exclaimed, patting his body all over the place. "What are these..." he trailed off and reached up to touch one of the sparks, which burst as soon as he touched it. 

"The rose trees have all been turned into sparks. How..." 

The two boys patted their necks and were surprised to find that their collars had also disappeared, though instead of turning to sparks of golden night, they had turned into glowing card suits.

"Riddle," Trey yelled. "Stop now!"

Cater stared at Trey like he was a ghost. "Trey's 'Doodle Suit'?! What's going on?" He turned to Y/N, who was still floating in the air, now holding her hand up in front of the first years. A golden shield with a strange symbol appeared in front of her. A crescent moon mixed with a sunburst, with a sword forming the horizon in the centre of the circle. Surrounding the main symbol were smaller symbols, unidentifiable to everyone in the grove.

"The magic sealing collar is gone too," Grim exclaimed, enjoying the feeling of his neck. 

"I told you," Trey said with a sigh. "My 'Doodle Suit' can overwrite anything for a short period of time. So I overwrote Riddle's magic into my magic."

Cater stared at Trey. "You're kidding. That's possible?! It's a cheat!"

Riddle tried to cast his magic again. "Off with their heads! When I have your heads -! Why won't anything but card suits appear?!"

"Riddle, stop this! If you go any further, you will lose everything! Look at everyone's faces!" Trey gestured to everyone in the grove. The first years seemed terrified, Cater's face was nothing but fear, and Y/N's face was hardened to stone. Everyone seemed to hide behind Y/N's shield. 

The remaining residents stared at Riddle. 

"W-was he seriously going to go through with it..."

"He went way too far..."

"A m-monster..."

Riddle stared at his hands. "Trey overwrote my magic? Does that mean your magic surpasses mine?"

Trey shook his head, taking a daring step forward around the shield. "There's no way that's the case. Riddle, calm down a bit, and let's talk this out." He took another step forward, watching carefully in case Riddle showed any signs of attacking him.

The slightly scared look on Riddle's face twisted into one of malice and Y/N pulled Trey back behind the shield with a sweep of wind. 

"Stay here," she said. Her eyes glowed gold and with a single brush of her hand, the residents were sent to the mirror, with mental orders to leave the dorm and remain outside until Y/N deemed it safe for them to return. 

"So you want to tell me I'm wrong, too? Even though we've been upholding these strict rules this whole time?" A crystalline tear slipped out from the corner of Riddle's eyes, and Y/N felt a part of her heart splinter off. "I've been enduring and enduring and enduring this whole time! I... I... I don't believe you!"

"Mr Rosehearts! You mustn't! If you keep using magic, your magic crystal is going to be covered in blot!"

"I am... I AM ABSOLUTELY, DEFINITELY CORRECT!"