🦁 Chapter 67

"What is going on out here?!"

Everyone froze and turned to one of the arches that led into the courtyard. Y/N was striding out through it, looking furious. Her hair was askew, her blazer was ripped on one sleeve, and she was holding both of her shoes in one hand, glaring at all of the boys.

"Y-Y/N," Yuu asked, glancing between the girl and the rest of the group. "What happened to you?"

Y/N tossed her shoes onto the ground between Ruggie and the boys. "You tried to drag me along! That's what happened!"

 Ruggie shuffled back, hoping to escape from the girl's wrath, but she reached out and grabbed his collar before he could take two steps.

"Oh no, you're not getting away that easy, Ruggie. This is your fault too."

"How is it my fault?" Ruggie tried to seem at ease, but Y/N could see the slight gleam of panic in his eye. 

"You were the one that they were chasing first, were you not?"

Ruggie was about to say something, most likely about how it wasn't his fault that they were chasing him, but Y/N cut him off.

"And, you stole my pen when you bumped into me!" She held her hand out expectantly, pursing her lips as she waited for Ruggie to hand over the wand. He did so reluctantly, though he kept the other two behind him so that Y/N couldn't see why he was being chased. 

Y/N let go of Ruggie's collar and took a seat on the closest bench, pulling off her blazer and frowning at the rip along the shoulder. There was another rip down at the cuff, but the one on the shoulder would need attention first. She couldn't think of any sewing spells, so she just folded up the blazer and tucked it into her lap so that she could fix her hair. 

Ruggie, who was no longer feeling threatened by Y/N's presence, snickered, and turned to the other boys. "Is that really all you can do with the three of you? You're not much, are ya?"

"What's with this guy," Ace huffed. "He's way too quick!"

"He's not just fast," Deuce panted beside him. "He's freakishly acrobatic."

Grim slumped over and fell face-first onto the cobblestone path. "Fgna... I can't believe I can't catch him..." 

Y/N just rolled her eyes and pulled out an extra ribbon. She bit down on the edge and reached behind her to try and get as many windblown tangles out of her hair as she could. 

Ruggie snickered and, feeling much more comfortable, took a seat next to Y/N. "Compared to the backstreets in the slums, this is a cakewalk! I mean, even if you caught me, how're you gonna prove that I'm the culprit?"

"Excuse me," Deuce snapped.

"You don't have any evidence that I was the one who injured them? Did anyone see me use magic?" He smirked. "Did you get any pictures of it?" He stared at the blank faces of the boys and couldn't help but laugh at their somewhat pathetic expressions. Even Y/N felt that the boys could have prepared better before going to confront  Ruggie. 

"You haven't got any, have you?"

The boys struggled to find an answer, but that was all the answer that Ruggie needed.

"Coward," Yuu hissed, pointing a finger at Ruggie.

This didn't seem to have the right effect that Yuu was hoping for. 

"Coward? That's praise. Shishishi! Next time you chase me around, have your ducks in a row first. Try as much as you like though, next time will probably be impossible for you too."