Chapter 80

Y/N had absolutely no idea what to expect going into Scarabia. She had absolutely no idea how to prepare for going to eat with the dorm. She flicked through the many dresses and outfits that she had been given by Crewel at the beginning of the year, huffing as she struggled to find an outfit. 

"Y/N?"

Y/N nearly jumped out of her skin when she heard her name being called. Thankfully, it was only Yuu. 

"Oh Y-" she paused with a smile. "Yuu you startled me. Don't do that." She turned back to her wardrobe.

Yuu smiled and strode into the room, his hands tucked into the pockets of his sweatpants. With no classes today, Yuu had spent the entire day lounging around the dorm with Ace and Deuce, unconcerned with any of the homework that was due the next day. Ace, Deuce, and Grim also didn't seem to be concerned with the coming deadlines, meaning that once again, Y/N had done her homework alone while listening to the boys teaching Grim card games.

"Where are you going," Yuu asked, taking a seat on Y/N's bed. He noticed that her phone was lying on her bed and picked it up. He smiled as soon as he turned the phone on. Her lock screen was a picture that she had taken the day before after they had dealt with Leona's overblot. Y/N had dragged him and Grim over to take a picture, but it was photobombed by Ace, Deuce, Ruggie, and Cater. All seven of them had managed to squish into the frame and had fallen over after, laughing at how silly they all looked sprawled on the ground.

Y/N turned, holding a f/c tank top in her hands. She quirked an eyebrow when she saw Yuu looking at her phone. 

"And just what do you think you're doing with my phone?"

Yuu quickly shut it off and put it down. "I was just curious." He nodded to the tank top in her hands. "What's that for?"

"Oh. Jamil asked if I would join Scarabia for dinner tonight." She held it up to show it off to Yuu and frowned. "Scarabia is supposed to be hot, right?"

Yuu shrugged. "Probably. It was founded in honour of the Sorcerer of Sands, right?"

Y/N nodded.

"Yeah. I would say hot."

Y/N nodded and pulled out a pair of shorts, along with a sweater. "I don't have to dress too fancy... do I?"

"No." 

Jamil was standing in the doorway, his hands folded behind his back, looking oddly like a guard. He smiled at Y/N as he saw her debating between the clothes. 

"Scarabia is plenty hot, but it gets cooler in the evening, so I would suggest bringing something a little bit warmer. Unless you wish for us to ready a place for you in one of the guest rooms?" 

Y/N shook her head. "Oh, no. You don't have to worry about that. I'll just come back here." 

Jamil nodded. "Then I would suggest bringing something to change into, or perhaps just something a little warmer." 

. . . 

Scarabia was hot. Y/N was glad that she had decided to simply bring a change of clothes and stick with her original tank top and shorts outfit. But, she heeded Jamil's words and brought an extra change of clothes for her to wear, which consisted of a hoodie and a pair of sweat pants. 

As soon as she entered the dorm, Y/N was awestruck by how beautiful it was. Once again, the residents were housed in a large castle made with beige stone, and beautiful red turrets that ballooned out to the side. Leading up to the castle was a long red carpet that seemed to stretch the length of the dorm, leading over a bridge that stood in between two smaller buildings.