🦁 Chapter 68

Sadly, the boys still felt the need to fight, despite their promise to put away their wands. It seemed that they had agreed to not use magic to fight, which would most certainly get them in trouble, but saw no reason why they couldn't throw a few punches. Y/N had decided to sit out and let her irritation and anger towards the idiots in front of her simmer silently. 

As Y/N was watching, Yuu noticed that a dark shadow started to fall over Y/N's face, the more the fight went on. He quickly approached Deuce, who was stumbling back after Jack had punched him in the gut and tapped him on the shoulder.

"You definitely know what you're doing with your punches," Jack asked, bending over a little bit as he clutched his stomach.

Yuu huffed and tapped Deuce harder on the shoulder. 

"You're pretty good too," Deuce groaned out. He wiped away a small trickle of blood that was pouring from his nose. 

Yuu tapped him again.

"What?!"

Yuu gestured to where Y/N was brooding underneath the tree and Deuce straightened up. He didn't like Y/N seeing this side of him, the side that Ace had started to call his bad-boy mode, and was suddenly very aware of the blood on his lip. He tried to wipe it away but to no avail. The red liquid continued to stream out of his nose.

"Your punch hit me right in the heart," Grim moaned. He had been taken out of the fight pretty early on and was sitting next to Y/N on the bench, though he dared not lean on her. The cloud of frustration was enough to keep anyone away. 

"Haven't you all gotten just a little too caught up in this? I don't care about being picked... I'm done..."

Thankfully, they all decided to stop fighting and started to brush themselves off, ignoring the pain that screamed from their limbs when they moved. Y/N watched intently as the boys approached her, each one like a little puppy under her intimidating glare.

"You seriously thought to solve this with your punches," she said with a huff. "I thought I told you to be civil."

Ace shrugged. "Guys like to settle things with their fists."

Y/N just rolled her eyes and turned to Jack, who had taken a seat next to her. His hair was wet with sweat, as was every one of the guys, and Y/N quickly got to her feet, taking a few steps away from them. 

"All right," Jack said. "My conscience is clear. I'll tell you everything." 

"How did this clear your conscience, exactly," Ace asked.

Jack glared at the orange-haired boy. "I'm crossing a line here. I'm about to betray my dorm."

"You already have," Grim muttered, lifting a paw to point at Y/N. 

"But I can't put up with this anymore! A fight is about testing how far you can go by challenging tough opponents. I've put myself through the wringer to see how far I can go in the tournament. Cowardly tricks make me nauseous! There's no meaning in a victory like that!" He clenched his fist, staring at the veins that started to bulge on his wrist. "I wanted to use my own power to claim victory at the top!"

Ace leaned over to Deuce. "This guy's a pain in the a**."

"So it's not just because you can't stand injustice then," Yuu asked.

"I get you," Deuce yelled, looking proud. "I really get it! that feeling!"

"We've got our own pain in the a**," Grim muttered, leaning on the side of the bench. It seemed like he was about to fall asleep right there.