🦁 Chapter 57

Trey's bedroom was exactly what Y/N had guessed it would look like. Neat as a pin with a four-poster bed tucked up against a corner. A desk sat directly beneath the window, and a heart-shaped wardrobe sat at the end of the bed. Everything in the room, save the green pillows and dark blue duvet, was red and black. 

"Pardon the intrusion," Deuce said, pushing the door to Trey's room open. 

The owner of the room was sitting on his bed, one of his legs elevated on some pillows, similar to the boy that they had seen in the infirmary. Y/N took a seat next to Trey, bidding Cater a quiet hello, and she took the vide-dorm head's hand in hers. 

"How are you, Trey," she asked.

The older boy grunted as he shifted a bit. He was about to say something but Grim cut him off.

"Yo, glasses! We heard you were down in the dumps and came to pay our respects!"

Cater grinned when he saw everyone. "Oh, it's the A-Deuce combo! Plus Grim, Prefect, and N/N in tow!"

Ace flushed a bit. "Ah, hello... Cater, what's that A-Deuce thing?"

"Huh? It's cause both of your names end in '-ce' so I put them together!"

"Don't be lazy," Deuce exclaimed, glaring at Cater. 

Y/n just rolled her eyes and turned back to Trey. "How are you?"

He smiled at Y/N. "I'm fine. It just hurts a little bit when I move it."

"Well then, I suggest you try not to move it much. What happened anyway?"

"Ah, I misstepped going down the stairs. I did my best to catch myself but my right foot is toast. I'll be on crutches for a while."

"That's a pretty bad injury," Deuce exclaimed.

Trey sighed and reclined back against the pillows that had been propped up behind him. "I'm probably completely out of this year's magift games." 

'Magift,' Y/N thought. "What's Magift? I heard Yuu and Grim talking about it, but neither one of them took the time to tell me what it was." She glared at the boys.

Cater's eye widened and he grabbed Y/N's arm, looking horrorstruck. "You've never heard of Magift? It's a game where seven people on one team try and score by throwing a disk through their opponent's hoop, in simple terms. it's a huge magical spectacle every year!"

Grim suddenly hopped up onto Trey's bed. "I wasn't gonna do this if it wasn't a big deal, but..." He pulled out a can of tuna from behind him, looking slightly embarrassed. "Here. A get well can of tuna. Keep your chin up, glasses!"

Trey took the can of tuna from Grim with a chuckle and set it down on his desk. "Thanks a bunch."

"Ugh," Cater moaned. "Cut me some slack. Our star player, Trey, is out and that makes everything harder! And we have to have tryouts again..."

Deuce and Ace seemed to enjoy the sound of tryouts. Y/N glared at them to shut it and turned back to Trey. Apparently, the boys weren't great at reading the disappointment radiating off of Trey. 

"You're pretty disappointed about not being able to play, aren't you," she asked softly, rubbing the back of Trey's hand with her thumb. 

"Is it that obvious?" A strand of hair fell in front of Trey's face and Y/N playfully blew it back out of his face. 

Riddle entered the room and frowned when he saw that everyone was sitting in the room, surrounding Trey. Cater, Ace, and Deuce weren't being the quietest people in the world, which seemed to irritate the dorm head even more.