Gwendalynn | Prologue

copyrighted. © (2013)

Any copying or stealing will be held as an illegal matter and will be reported.

THE TITLE WAS CHANGED. THIS STORY WAS IN FACT THE GIRL WITH CANCER, BUT IS NOW GWENDALYNN.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE 6/27/19: Hello, TAG here. I am now 19 years old now, a good 6 years older than the TAG who wrote this story. While this is one of my greatest accomplishments, I do hate a lot of the content that is in this story. I would very much like to delete this version and keep the new and improved version up, but I know how annoying and upsetting it is when authors delete their original works, especially when they're 'fan favorites,' so please note that a lot of what is written in here does not reflect who I am as a writer today as a lot of it is cheesy, unrealistic, and just plain bad (lol). If you would like to do so, continue at your own discretion. If not, please take a look at the 2019 version of Gwendalynn as it is much, much better. 

PROLOGUE

I met Kyle when he was twenty-four years old. He was a very secluded man, always keeping to himself and minding his own business. He did what he had to do. It was a wonder how we became such close friends, my jumpy and hyper personality should conflict with his quiet demeanor, but it never did.

Our friendship was one that I treasured. He wasn't just the kind of guy that I consoled and told secrets to, but also a guy I felt comfortable with and had fun around. He was simply a man that I liked. He and I were never in a relationship, although some people had asked a few times if we were dating. He was two years older than me when I stumbled across him at a friend's wedding. We caught on pretty well, telling each other things we'd probably never say to anyone else.

I was never attracted to Kyle and he was most likely never attracted to me. We just had this connection that no one else could explain. Over the years, he's told me countless of stories and confessed many secrets. I've done the same.

Kyle and are close and we're still friends today. I cherish him and the time we spend together whenever we have the chance. I say hi to his wife and his two kids. I acknowledge his brother, Kory, whenever I see him and I greet his parents whenever I spot them in town. I love his family.

There was a time where he told me a story, a long story that could easily be mistaken for a tale, a fictional read to convey a life-lesson. I can admit that it's the most admirable story I've ever heard, one I wanted to hear over and over again. It made me feel special to know, given the fact Kyle never told it to anyone. Only he, his family, and a few friends know it - since they had witnessed it.

After a few years, my publishing had gone to great heights. Just as familiar as I was with his gallery, he was familiar with my writing. So one day, it was a complete shock when he had called me and asked me to write his story, the one he had told me so many years before.

I asked him why. I mean, this story was one he kept from many people, a part in his life that he doesn't like to remember and keeps from most of his peers, with the slight exception of me, of course. He replied with a short answer, but no doubt there was so much meaning behind it. He simply told me that he promised. Promised what, I don't know. And I would never ask.

But nonetheless, I complied with Kyle's requests and I wrote his story. A story about a girl with cancer.

So, Kyle, thank you for finally revealing your three years to everyone who decides to read it. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share what I so deeply love as I know everyone will love it as well. You're an amazing man, a man I'm so lucky to have met.

I believe in you through everything. And so does Gwendalynn.

Your friend,

A.