Gwendalynn | 34

When I promised...

OCTOBER - 2012

Time went by pretty fast. In September, the guys and I all tried out for the higher soccer team and thankfully, most of us made it. Ryan and I were really excited for the upcoming season until we heard that Noah had also made the team.

After we sort of left him, he's met up with a new group of friends. He started smoking and I wouldn't be too sure that they haven't gotten him to start doing drugs. His hair's no a longer buzz cut and is longer than how he usually has it and he's wearing different kinds of clothes.

Ryan has told me from time to time that we should let him back in, that he's upset that Noah's turned out this way because of us. I assured Ryan that this isn't the reason why he's acting out like this, but I couldn't help but feel guilty too.

Noah should've just kept his mouth shut and stayed loyal to Melissa and none of this would've ever happened.

Finally, I got it through to Newton that we were done with him. It wasn't fair that we had to go out of our way and apologize when he's clearly the one who needs some self-thinking to do.

So as you can see, time in fact went by incredibly fast.

At the moment, Gwen and I decided to go to an amusement park down in San Francisco. It was one that kind of cost a lot of money so we didn't get season passes to go and plus, I had no one else to go with, but since it's October and Gwen was more than willing, I decided to take her to it.

Since Gwen's better, we did go on rides that she was never able to go on and she enjoyed it more than anything. When dark started to roll in, we thought it'd be the best time to do the scary houses.

See, in October, the park has a complete Halloween special. There are several scary houses that you can go through only once and the lines are longer than the Great Wall of China. Not literally, but it feels like it. I asked Gwen if she wanted to do this and she agreed. I didn't force her.

In about an hour, we were next in line to go.

"How many are going with you?" the man dressed in all black behind the little table asked.

"Two," I answered, handing him my ticket that displayed the names of all the houses.

You can only go in each house once so that as many people as possible can go through. He checked both mine and Gwen's cards and handed them back to me. Gwen looked around frantically, her head unfamiliar with the new surroundings.

The boy let us through, guiding us into the house. "Welcome to High school of Hell."

Eerie music began to play as Gwen and I entered the door and the only lighting was some dark broken light bulbs above. I knew most of this was fake, but they did a real good job at making it look pretty creepy.

Gwen clung to my side, her hand grasping mine hard. I enjoyed her being so close to me, touching me the way she was, even if she was scared. It made me feel like I could protect her physically, something I've never been able to really do so far in our relationship, but at the moment I was too freaked out to really pay attention to her.

We went down the narrow hall only to see fake body parts sprawled across the room covered in fake blood. There was a girl in the center, her eyes closed and her body, limp on a table. Suddenly, she jolted up, her eyes widening immediately and she began to scream. Gwen jumped as did I. We hadn't expected that. I laughed it off as we went through the next door.

Then, we entered what looked like a cafeteria. There was a whole bunch of blood covered over the food bar or whatever. You could see fake eyeballs, fingers... anything gross really.