Gwendalynn | 25

When Alice stayed for dinner...

NOVEMBER - 2011

The guys and I ended up deciding to go to Pete's Pizzeria. It started to become our usual hangout instead of the park since it's gotten slightly colder. Noah, Ryan and I shared a pepperoni pizza.

"So at school, you know that one cheerleader? Melissa?" Noah asked.

Ryan and I nodded, even though we probably had no idea of who he was talking about. When it came to girls at school, I didn't really pay attention to them. I had my own, and that was all I really needed. It's a shame she didn't feel the same though.

"She asked me out."

Ryan nearly did a spit take. "Hold up, Melissa Manson?"

Noah nodded. They did a high five while I just kind of sat there. I had no idea who this Melissa was.

"Oh c'mon, Kyle, tell me you know who Melissa Manson is."

My eyes widened slightly. "Y-yeah, she's the one with the... black hair and... big... boobs."

Noah blinked at me. "That was strangely accurate but I still know you have no idea who she is."

I sighed. "Sorry, guys, I just don't really care for the girls at school. Or Melissa Manson."

"I'll hand it up to ya because you got a girl, but still, you have to know who Melissa is." he stated, shaking his head and holding both hands up.

I grimaced. "You act like she's a celebrity."

Ryan stared at me. "She kind of is. Any guy would kind of die to be with her."

"God, you guys sound like thirteen year old girls."

"Hey," Ryan interjected, "when it comes to Melissa, there's an exception."

I chuckled, lowering my gaze to my half-eaten pizza.

"What about you and Gwen though?" Noah questioned.

I jerked my head up. "What?"

"You guys okay?"

I sighed and avoided his eyes. "She told me she loved me."

"Holy shit!" Noah sat up from his I'm-cool-so-I-can-sit-how-I-want position and stared at me. "Like, she full on just blurted it out?"

"Well, she kept saying sorry and then all of sudden she just... said it."

"Did you say it back?" Ryan asked.

I pressed my lips together and fiddled with my hands, shaking my head. "I told her I'd believe her if she didn't do what she did."

"That's kind of a low blow, Ky."

"Hey, you try watching your girlfriend grind on some guy you and her don't know and make out with each other then say 'I love you' back." I retorted. "It wouldn't be a low blow if you were in my position."

"Yeah, but you totally rejected her, man."

I shook my head. "I shouldn't expect you guys to understand anyway."

He ignored my words. "Think about how she felt."

"I don't care how she felt! She didn't get hurt."

It grew silent as everyone registered what I just said. The words coming out were completely foreign to me. Of course I cared about how she felt when I totally rejected her. If I were her, I'd be devastated, but right now, she wasn't the only one who felt rejected.