Gwendalynn | 30

When we went to the concert...

MAY - 2012

"So your mom will let you go to the concert?" Gwen asked me, skimming through the shirts on the rack.

I was behind her, holding her left hand. "She still isn't happy about me not telling her that I stayed over Noah's without her knowing, but when I asked her, she said yeah."

Gwen looked up at me, smiling. "Good."

She let go of my hand as she searched through the shirts again. I wrapped my arms around her waist and rest my chin atop her shoulder.

"Do you know how much I love you?"

"A bit..." Gwen mumbled, a grin playing at her lips.

I pecked her cheek. "A lot."

Gwen sighed and turned so that she was facing me. "I love you too."

She leaned forward. Our lips met in a gentle kiss. Once she pulled away, she smirked at me before looking at a specific person behind me. She drew a quick breath as her eyes hardened.

I turned around to see Alice stop once she took in Gwen and me with her friend. She quickly turned around but her friend walked towards me.

"Kyle," she greeted, "didn't know we'd see you here at the mall."

"Um, yeah, I'm here with Gwen."

The girl scanned Gwen up and down before looking back up at me. "Shopping for prom?"

"Georgina!" Alice scolded quietly.

"Prom?" Gwen repeated, tugging on my arm.

Shit.

"You're going to prom?" Gwen shook her head, obviously confused.

"Course he is! He's going with-" Georgina was quickly interrupted by Alice.

"We have to go. Great seeing you again, Gwen!" Alice waved to us.

My girlfriend gave her a tight smile.

"Bye, Kyle."

"Bye."

Awkward encounter.

"Kyle?" Gwen started. "Who are you going to prom with?"

I've been having way too many problems with Gwen lately. I felt like this would just make everything a whole lot worse.

"K, Gwen, before you freak out, I was going to tell you-"

"When?"

"I, uh, after the concert."

She crossed her arms, taking a deep breath.

"Please tell me you aren't going with her."

I kept silent. Her eyes widened as she realized I was in fact going with Alice.

"Oh my god..." Gwen laughed, humour absent from the tone of voice.

"I didn't ask her, alright? It's a long story, really."

"I've got time."

I sighed. I knew Gwen wouldn't be happy about this.

"At the bon- school, um, we were talking about prom and this girl named Cece said I should go with Alice. Alice was there with us and she started freaking out and I couldn't just say no in front of her. It would've embarrassed her and I know that... she probably does want to go to prom with me so, it's like, I'm doing her a favor."