Lastly

LASTLY...

PLEASE READ UPDATE AT THE BOTTOM IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO READ BELOW.

Ahhhh, the story is over! There will not be a sequel to Kyle, but there will be a couple spin-offs.

Firstly, I'd like to talk about Gwendalynn: The Girl With Cancer.

I remember starting it in February, having this entire vision of how I could create it. It's my first ever completed story I've written and I'm glad it turned out the way it had. I did intend on the future Gwen was given and obviously, it was the best and most realistic way to end it all. I mean, the girl had cancer that is usually diagnosed in older menBut anyways, unfortunately, I don't think I'll be writing anything extra in regards to TGWC. Maybe I'll make a Gwen POV if I get numerous comments asking for one, but I don't think so. (THIS IS A LIE. I WROTE MULTIPLE ONESHOTS OVER THE PAST YEAR).

Secondly, after every story I plan on creating here on wattpad, there's always inspiration I'd like to mention that lead me to write and finish it. A lot of the stories I think of are from other writers on here or from movies or books from actual authors and I come up with this entire idea. The very first inspiration I had that practically created Kyle and Gwen was this one story made by another writer whose name I can't exactly recall, but she made a story about a girl who had a secret relationship with her brother's best friend (psst, which I'll probably make a story sort of like that later) and met a couple on a date they had. The couple they met was a blond boy who was with his girlfriend, a girl who had cancer.

This entire thing came to me. As I was reading, I began to think -

How did the boy meet the girl?

How did he take the idea of her having an illness that can lead to her dying?

How did he fall in love with her?

What was their relationship like?

And one night, I just sat and thought of everything. So when I got my laptop, there was barely ever a day where I didn't take it and write a chapter or two. I thought about how Kyle had depression and how he thought art was his only escape. I thought about how Gwen was this girl who didn't deserve what she had.

Both Gwen and Kyle had very distinct personalities and I think you all can tell, but in their personalities, there's a piece in them that relates to people who inspired my story. They both share something with my inspirations.

My inspirations for Kyle were:

Perks of Being a Wallflower - Charlie's depression and bullying

A Walk to Remember - Landon Carter's bad-boy and delinquent facade

and his sweet self was just a little something from what I think boys should be like. HAHA.

My inspirations for Gwen were:

My Sister's Keeper - Kate's hatred toward her appearance

A Walk to Remember - Jamie's attempt at enjoying life rather than wasting it on hating the world

And as you know, they both succeeded.

But anyways, those were really it. Everything sort of came to me when I watched these movies. It all kind of worked its way into my writing.

Again, thank you so much for reading, following, voting, commenting - it means a lot! If you have any questions or anything, you know where to comment.

Much love!

ThatAmericanGirl

UPDATE:

Hello, my TGWC fans. I just wanted to say a few things. It's been about a year since I've finished this story and when I wrote it, I was like, what, 13? So yeah, a whole BUNCH of this book is super cheesy and SO not how a normal boy would think - some might, but I've come to realize that Kyle's personality is a little two-sided. 

I just want to say that if I ever come around to editing or publishing this book, I will make major changes such as Kyle's bullying will NOT be present; Gwen MAY OR MAY NOT lose her hair during chemotherapy; and the name of Noah's girlfriend: Melissa. Also, Kyle's cheesy personality will be less exposed as well.

You all need to realize that this was my first book and it was my first BOY'S POV, so my girliness kind of shows in several chapters so I was just giving you lovelies a heads up. 

Thank you so much for reading, voting, following, sharing, and commenting! You guys rock!

TAG