Gwendalynn | 22

When we went to Chinatown...

AUGUST - 2011

Kory looked completely worn out once he was in sight from exiting the airplane. It was a tiring day for him, considering he'd gone to work and right after, had to get on the next flight here.

What he didn't expect was to see his 'Gweny' standing right next to her boyfriend in the terminal waiting to greet him. Gwen and Kory had gotten pretty close after meeting each other. At first, it did bother me, I'm not gonna lie but it wasn't like they were doing anything. In fact, when I wasn't there to accompany her, she'd just email him.

The emails got her busy, thinking about different things and getting her mind off the more difficult parts of her life.

"Gweny?" Kory gasped, running over to us.

Gwen smiled and went in for a gentle hug.

"You look great!" he complimented, giving her a quick squeeze.

She giggled, blushing slightly. "You do too."

Kory then turned to me. "Ky, my adorable little- ugh." He bent over, clutching his stomach.

I wasn't about to let him embarrass me in front of Gwen. He'd done that way too many times, so whilst he started going about how 'cute' I am, I punched him in the stomach.

"Ow." He sucked in a breath and gave me a glare.

I plastered on a tight smile. "Good to see you too, Kor."

He gave me a flat look before standing up straight and giving me a hug. Next, he greeted my parents. I grasped Gwen's hand, entwining our fingers together as my parents and their first born had their 'moment.'

Kory turned back to us, glancing down at our hands. He pointed to them, furrowing his eyebrows.

"You didn't tell him?" I asked Gwen.

She shrugged, slightly embarrassed. "I wanted it to be a surprise."

"Oh, well yeah, Kory, I finally took her out." I smiled.

"Well shit, when did this happen?!" he questioned.

"July." Gwen admitted.

Kory turned to me, his face feigning anger. He punched me in the arm. "And you didn't bother to tell me? I'm the one that got you to think about it!"

"Shut up, Kory." I rubbed my arm. "I did this on my own. Besides, I thought she'd tell you since she was all up for tellin' her parents."

"Well if you didn't want me to tell them, you should've said something! And I told my mom for your information! Not my dad." Gwen retorted.

He rolled his eyes before engulfing us both into a three-person hug. "I'm so happy for you guys! It's about damn time!"

We laughed awkwardly as he pushed us toward his body even more, suspending our oxygen supply.

Mom clapped her hands together. "Alright, let's go eat."

...

It was currently seven o'clock. Kory's flight had taken off nearly six hours ago and he'd gotten here in about five hours. The airport was a little ways from our home, so we decided to have a night out instead - with Gwen beside us.

My parents never exactly apologized for telling me what they didn't like me and Gwen being together, and I was hoping they would, but they're my parents. Even if they did apologize, they wouldn't mean it. Wonder who I got that from. Note the sarcasm.