Gwendalynn | 21

When you met my friends...

JULY - 2011

"So, I heard you and my daughter are... a 'couple' now." George stated, quoting the word 'couple' with his fingers. His face was completely blank of emotion.

I'd known Gwen would want someone to know, considering she doesn't have any girl friends to really gossip to. It was no secret the first she'd tell would be her mother, and Denise - being the woman she is - told George. Lovely.

"Y-yes, sir. I asked her when I took her to the park."

"I see nothing wrong with it..."

I sighed in relief, but it didn't last for long.

"Besides the fact that Gwen is only fifteen." he added. It didn't sound like he was finished.

I nodded.

"But then again, I tell myself that she isn't going to have a lot of experiences like this so I'm okay with it. However, if my daughter comes home with tears down her face from your doing, I won't hesitate in having you go home to your parents the same way. Am I clear?"

I guess it's safe to say that I was trembling. I'd never had the 'man to man' talk with the girlfriend's father and frankly, I wasn't prepared for it.

"Y-yes, sir."

"Um, Kyle?" Gwen peeped behind her dad.

I sighed in relief. I was glad to get out of this territory. Her dad was a very intimidating man. I felt a strange sense of déjà vu from the time I'd waited for her for our first date. Dear god, that was bad.

"Gwen! Great! Ready?" I asked.

She nodded and scooted her way through the wall and her father. She gave her dad a side-hug and gave him a quick goodbye.

"Goodbye, sweetheart." he said, his tone completely different compared to the one he was using towards me. It's exactly like that day, seriously, except we weren't in the living room."Bring her back before eleven, Kyle."

I nodded.

Gwen rolled her eyes playfully as we stepped down the porch steps and left her home.

...

"What were you and my dad talking about this time?" Gwen asked as she sipped from her milk shake.

"Hm?" I raised an eyebrow as I took a sip as well.

"You and my dad at the doorway. You guys were talking about something when I went to go get my shoes."

"Oh..." I knew what she'd been entailing; I just wasn't sure how to explain so I decided to go with the truth. "Once again, just layin' down the rules about me being good to his daughter."

Gwen froze. "What exactly does he say when you two have those... talks?'"

"Just that things won't turn up for me if he sees you come home crying." I shrugged it off, trying to give the impression I wasn't fazed by his words.

"You know he's bluffing, right?"

I chuckled. "I sure hope so."

"I don't know if I should be worried or pleased."

I shook my head. "I'm not planning on hurting you, Gwen. I just want you to know tha-,"

"Kyle!" I heard a voice shout behind me. I turned to see Alice in some short shorts and a pink top with her hair in fallen down her shoulders in elegant curls. She looked really pretty right now.