Chapter 02

"What now, Lisa? " The voice of one of the cruel executives asked, eyes looking or more like glaring to the idol.

Lisa pursed her lips, not making eye contact the the executive. She glanced towards her members who are standing at the corner of the room, looking at her with apologetic eyes. She only gave them a reassuring nod and a faint smile.

Yesterday, while they're performing live, two of the members messed up a lot with the choreography causing the back up dancers to also messed up and that infuriates the management as it is an important event. So today, whilst their mentor and choreographers are too busy to look for them, the executives gave the job to Lisa. And they expected for a 'clean' performance by this afternoon.

At first, it was running smoothly, especially to the back up dancers since they already mastered the steps. But soon, her bandmates started to not take it seriously saying that they have a lot of time tomorrow as they're too tired for the day. And that the executives will understand knowing their busy schedule.

And boy they were wrong.

When the executives saw the performance, he immediately stopped them in the midst of it and called for Lisa to step forward.

"You're excited to be a mentor but can't even guide your group? " His tone was harsh, though, it wasn't something Lisa wasn't used to. "What kind of mentor you'd be if you keep on being like this? They are just three, miss Manoban and yet you can't handle them! "

It's not that Lisa can't handle them. They're just tired because of the tight schedule. They even skipped breakfast so they can go early for the photoshoot then here. Plus they only had biscuit in lunch.

"I-I'll do my best tomorrow, pdnim. I'll make sure it'll be perfect-"

The director shook his head. "Forget it, your mentors will come tomorrow" The man was about to leave but he stopped as he looked at the idol again. "Your schedule in mentoring trainees in China will be cancelled" And with that, the said man retreated, leaving the dancers and the idols inside.

The girls immediately approached Lisa with a hug. "We're sorry, Lali. Don't worry, we already memorized it. Right, jisoo unnie? " Said Jennie, who still wearing a worry look.

"Yeah, we're really sorry Lisa. " The oldest agreed who reached for the youngest's hand.

"I'll try talk with manager oppa to talk with them-"

Lisa chuckled at Chaeyoung. "It's okay, really. I'm fine. You don't need to ask manager oppa to talk with them. " She took a deep breath and smiled. "Maybe it wasn't really for me. You know being a mentor" Then she laughed, trying to lift the mood of her sad bandmates.

Soon, Lisa excused herself as she exits the room with her phone in hand.

Truth is, she's not really okay. She's sad. Upset even. She have been dreaming to be a mentor and she was happy when an agency offered for her to be the trainees mentor. She was happy despite that it's in overseas. And now, that it's canceled, she can't help but to be emotional.

Maybe it really wasn't for her?

Maybe she's was just meant to be an idol? And nothing else?

She sighed as she dialed a number. It took a few rings before the other line picked it up.

"Hello? "

Lisa's mood immediately lifted up as a smile formed in her lips just by hearing his voice.

"Kookie, I just want to know if you're going to spend your night at our house? "

Lisa was hoping. She knew that the other is busy, too busy to be exact, to spend time with her in their house. But she's hoping despite that fact. It's quite funny how the answer is obvious and yet she's still hoping. Well, she hoped. Because the moment the other spoke, a pout immediately formed in her plump lips.