Chapter 35

Jungkook is restless. And that is obvious as everyone in the group can see and can tell. They knew something's up with their maknae but everytime they try to reach for him and talk his concern, the youngest would brush them off, saying that he's just tired.

They're worried. But everytime the ravenette would cath them looking at him with worried eyes, he'd just give them an assuring smile. Of course the younger never shared his concerns because according to him, it's his problem and his concerns, not theirs so he didn't want to share it to the other members, the typical Jungkook.

Now, they're invited to perform their first ever single that's written in all english in a music festival in Seoul. They've been performing that song countless of time already so they're less tense when they have told about the sudden schedule.

Lisa.

Jungkook let out a sigh as he closed his eyes, letting the make up artists to their job in enhancing his features as his mind drifted to his wife.

He wanted to laugh and smack himself for being stupid. He should've informed Lisa before, he should've consulted Lisa about his decision before acting to it, before agreeing to that stupid dating. Now, it's like fate didn't want him to tell the other.

That night, when he asked Lisa for them to talk, for him to explain everything and also to seek forgiveness even though he knew he didn't deserve one, he didn't came. Or more like fate didn't like him to meet her as when he was on his way, his phone rang. Thinking it was Lisa, he answered it without in just a split second but when he heard his hyung's voice, their leader's voice telling him to go back in the building as soon as possible as it was said that they'll have a meeting, his system filled with other disappointment.

But he asked Namjoon if they can go have a meeting without him. He pleaded because he knew Lisa is hurting. So after a lot of convincing, their leader finally agreed, telling him that he'll try to cover him up and that he should clear the misunderstanding between him and to his wife. Jungkook remember how relieved he was that time.

But just as when he crossed the road that night, a stupid drunk man suddenly blocked the other side of the road causing Jungkook to turn to the side to avoid hitting the man but hit a tree instead. He still remember how frustrated he was that time. And just when he decided to come out, his phone began ringing, it was his manager.

So without much of a choice, he answered his phone and asking his manager to come and pick him up, he can't be in that place anymore, not when people can easily recognize him. Though, asking help for his manager was also means going to the meeting, and he knew he doesn't have much of a choice.

Once everyone was ready, they were instructed to get into the van and goes to the venue. It took a few minutes before they arrived and they were said to prepare themselves into the dressing room.

"BTS will perform in ten" The staff who passed by informed them before going yo other room to inform the other artists as well.

"Have you seen Taehyung? " The ravenette heard Namjoon asking the other members so he roamed his eyes inside the room they were given and noticed that one of his is indeed missing.

"Maybe he goes to the restroom" Jimin answered nonchalantly, giving his hyung's a glance before going back to his phone.

"Let me check—"

"I'll go" Jungkook immediately interrupted the other. Namjoon gave him a look before he nodded his head hesitantly.

"Okay, but be quick. " The younger gave their leader a nod before exiting the room, fishing out his phone from his pocket and started calling the other. But you his dismay, it looks like Taehyung is having an ongoing call.

He turned to the side and went inside a certain door, expecting to see their missing member but saw nothing instead. He checked every cubicle but no Taehyung cane in his sight, not even his shadow. So with a sigh, he walked out of the restroom and began wandering around the backstage, hoping to find the man of the backstage.

-

"I don't want to argue with you Jennie so please understand. " Taehyung pleased, pacing back and forth, hand inside his pocket while the other is holding the phone on his ear.

"I don't want you fight either but can't you see? Just tell him what happened to his wife! " She's mad, Taehyung can tell. He also is going frustrated.

"I will after the performance, not now. You should understand! " This time, Taehyung can't help but to raise his voice causing the other side to go silent for a few seconds.

"What if it's switched and I was the one in the ER right now and you having no fucking clue about me, what would you feel? "

The blue haired man massaged the bridge of his nose, an attempt to calm himself down.

Jennie has been blowing his phone with miss calls and so when they arrived in the venue, he decided to go in a secluded part of the backstage before answering his phone only for Jennie to tell him to inform Jungkook what happened to Lisa.

And as much as Taehyung wanted to inform Jungkook, he can't. He knew their maknae. He will probably mess the performance or worst, ditch the performance and goes to where Lisa at which is clearly not a good idea. Not when everyone thinks that Jungkook is dating Eunbi.

The blue haired inhaled deeply. "Look, Jennie. I can't tell Jungkook that his wife is in the hospital right now, we can't mess up one performance knowing that every eyes are focuses on us"

"Lisa is fucking pregnant, Kim Taehyung! " The other blurted. Taehyung is aware of that already since Jennie accidentally spilled that information to him. Though, he didn't inform Jungkook as Jennie told him not to, plus it's not their place to tell him.

Why can't she understand?

"I know his wife is pregnant, but I can't really tell Jungkook that his wife is suffering right—"

"Hyung, what did you said? "

Out of instinct, Taehyung immediately turned around and to his horror, he saw Jungkook looking at him wide eyed. He froze, mind going black for a second.

When Taehyung didn't reply, Jungkook walked closer and stood right inform the of him. "Lisa is in the hospital? And pregnant? "

Well fuck.

-

Just like what Taehyung predicted, Jungkook begged, literally on his knees to their manager and to their leader to let him go.

After Taehyung spilled everything to their maknae, Jungkook broke down and immediately went to his hyung asking their permission.

He's desperate. All this time, Lisa is pregnant and was enduring it alone. And that fact alone makes him want to beat himself badly. He's so stupid. He's so dumb.

He didn't know if he would he happy hearing the news about Lisa being pregnant when his wife is in the hospital. The reason? He didn't fucking no. But regardless, he feels at fault. He neglected her when she needed him the most. It probably hard for her to dealt with it alone, and that day, when he saw pain in her eyes when she found out about him and Eunbi.... Fuck!

Jungkook never hated himself and his work up until now when their manager told him he can't miss the performance. He never hated his career till that time. He asked help for Namjoon but their leader just apologize to him, telling him that after the performance, he can go.

So he endured it, cursing his career. He performed in front of the people with fake smile on his face whilst his heart clenching in pain.

And again, it's seemed as if fate was punishing him as when it's his turn to sing, he goes in the middle, that's when something came from above them fell right to him, hitting his head causing him to fall on the ground.

Fans began screaming, staffs going on the stage and his eyes closing. His mind doesn't think anyone else beside his wife before the darkness engulfed him completely.