Contest #7: To Laugh is to Live

CLOSED

That's right folks - poetry! Not very deep poetry I'm afraid, but I thought it would be good to have an uplifting contest after the emotional one.

You can either write a limerick OR a haiku. You may write a maximum of three haiku OR limericks. Make me laugh or smile!

For those of you who don't know:

A Haiku is a three lined poem. The first has five syllables, the second seven and the third is five again. Repeat, the syllables go five seven five.
'I like pie a lot
A hearty and warm meal choice
So many flavours'
There are other ways to do it but it's less complicated this way.

A limerick is a little more complicated. It is a five lined poem. The first, second and fifth lines rhyme while the third and fourth rhyme.
'There once was a dog named Jake
His alternate self was Cake
His best friend was Finn
He had orange skin
And he once fought a barn in a lake'
A limerick usually follows this rhythm. It would pay off to do some more research on these.

Closing date is 11th May. I will take no entries later than that.

Points for: my amusement, getting the syllables/rhyming right, getting the rhythm right, spelling and grammar, and the cleverness of it all.

1st place: advertise one story of choice, a follow, a vote on story of choice

2nd place: a follow and a vote on story of choice

3rd place: a vote on story of choice

You can either comment your poem/poem set in the comments for this part (make sure it is this one or I mightn't read it), dedicate it to or mention me in a published chapter, or message it to me directly. The former would be easier but if you would like to keep it a surprise then that's your choice. If it is submitted in any other way then it will not be read.

Note: please don't comment more than you need to, it would be a big help. Before you ask any questions make sure you've read the instructions thoroughly but do feel free to flick me a message if something is unclear (:

CLOSED

Hope you guys have fun ~ Phoenix Feather