Contest #50ish

I am typing this up way in advance, so if events of the following narrative do not coincide with current events, big whoop. I'm growing restless.

I've somehow managed to wiggle out of judging a contest for the past ... while... and I'm aching.

I bet I have my tickets booked with judging 'The Daring and the Dead' right now, but I can't be sure, because, as of June 12th, I've received a single entry.

That's another thing: You might have noticed when I ran a contest and didn't declare winners. That happens when I feel that there haven't been sufficient entries, and I usually just write faux reviews on all of them. But that's unimportant.

We're at the BIG FIVE-OH now (I think; again, I cannot count). As much as I do love maths and numbers (more than words can express, bar counting), I don't ascribe much meaning to the number fifty. Over time, fifty as been seen as the 'halfway' mark, but that is absolutely not true to me. There is nothing special about fifty.

A number I do love absolutely is forty-two (42, if you prefer the digits, and XLII in Roman Numerals, if you prefer to be weird about this) and it has stimulated my mathematical pleasure centres (that satisfying feeling you get when you're doing accounting and your trial balance... balances).

I do regret not running an uber-duper-extra-exotic contest for number 42. If I could go back in time and redo it, I would.

Which is what inspired this week's contest.

Now, before I lay it bare for you, I have a terrible confession to make. I might have made it before, might not have – I don't remember, nor do I care:

I, the Great TimberWoolf in the Sky, have stumbled into the position of being your judge completely by accident. I've never even heard of the @Contests account until I entered the position of judgement eternal.

I was trying to enter a very different contest, but I couldn't find the inspiration to write an entry. Then, by some miracle, Contests said they were looking for a new judge, and I was ecstatic. "Yeet!" I declared, and told Contests exactly how I couldn't write but would love to be part of the process.

This might have happened while I was super inebriated at a club in the vicinity of midnight, but, y'know, that would be incriminating to admit to.

And, then, poof! I was allowed to be the judge. How awesome. That contest we saw about 'Slices of Life' was the prototype that got me here.

Given my actual inexperience with this book (another shortcoming on my part), I haven't actually even tried to check out the previous contests here. That is, until today.

And that brings us back around to this week's contest:

I like to call it, "Contests, A Redux!"

Your task is to take a prompt from any of the contests in this book that I didn't put up. That's everything before contest #35, if you're wondering.

Then, write that.

Now, very and super duper important:

1. Preface your entry with the following: Contest Number you've used and the prompt for that contest.

2. Do not enter a piece you've already submitted. We're trying to look back fondly, not relive the past. I won't know if you do, and I wouldn't be bothered to check, but I don't want to step on anybody's toes. Any previous judgements made are final, and I don't want to impede on them.

3. Keep your word limit to a maximum of 2000, regardless of what the contest calls for. I have a short attention span, remember?

4. When you submit your entry tell me why you wanted to try that particular contest.

5. Every entry will be judged on its own merit. There are no clear-cut criteria, because each contest tries to achieve something different. Be sure to tell me in your entry what you were trying to do, or what you were going for.

6. I will not judge poetry entries lightly. I am very uncertain about my footing around poetry in general, and I will probably avoid those unless they really speak to me personally.

That is all. I'm not super strict, usually, and I sometimes love it when you break the rules. If you want to break the rules this time, go ahead, but be certain that it is necessary. If I feel that the rules have been broken without validity, I will disregard your entry.

And that is what I leave you with for this week, but I would like to have a general poll. If you'd like to answer, inline comment on the following questions:

What is your favourite beverage?

Looking through the contests in this book, which ones do you find particularly interesting?

If you've participated since Contest #35, what do you think of how the judgements were presented?

Do you have any suggestions for making these contests more interactive?

How many pets do you have?

What is your favourite game?

Is there any entry you remember that really stands out?

Are there any other contest-running accounts that you particularly like?

Will you marry me?

What's a WattPad book you've re-read multiple times?

What is your favourite number?

Good, I feel that we'll probably learn a bit more about each other. If you have any questions you'd like to ask me, comment them on this paragraph and I'll try to answer with minimum sarcasm.

I wish you all the very best and I look forward to your reduxes!

With mild affection,

TimberWoolf

Due Date is 23rd June

VERY IMPORTANT: HOW TO ENTER A VALID ENTRY 

In order to ensure that your submission for this week's chapter of Weekly Wattpad Contests is valid, please follow the steps below:

(1) Write your entry and make sure that it meet the guidelines or requirements for the contest.

(2) Publish it in a book under your Wattpad account. It can be a book dedicated to your entries, a chapter in one of your existing books or just a book with that single entry.

(3) Add "This is my entry for Weekly Wattpad Contest #50" before you write your entry. Make sure Contests is tagged and the contest #number is correct. Note that this does not have to be the title of your published chapter or work, simply just a text input before the introduction of your contest entry as an additional safety measure.

(4) Comment in the comment section of this chapter and state where your entry was published in your profile and the title of it book it is in.

(5) Share the love by voting, commenting and encouraging friends and fellow competitors!

What does the winner get?

Apart from the fact that as a writer you can brag about winning a freaking Weekly Wattpad Contest, the winner will also get a follow from as well as a shoutout in the next chapter, in addition to that, a detailed review as to why your entry was successful will also be published and if you have any works of your own, that will also be read and commented on.