Contest #48 Results

Book Reviews by TimberWoolf:

ReiMeiRM goes on about 'A Tale Dark and Grimm'

It's an interesting thing to read as she explains exactly how this children's fairy tales book is not for children. Maybe that's why she likes it. It makes us feel powerful to have forbidden knowledge at our fingertips. She really analyses her like for it well. It's a peculiar thing to understand why we connect with our favourite stories, and hers is geared mostly towards connecting with the Author's relationship with the reader. It's well written and interesting revelation.

jkrhinestone praises the work of JK Rowling

I cannot deny – a good world-building mixed with a neato narrative is what makes my knees weak, and Harry Potter is exactly that. Here we learn that what we can really connect with is the escapism our favourite authors provide us with, while maintain that true and innocent semblance of real life. Fantastic characters love Quidditch as much as we love watching cats on the web.

BadAssPeaBrain extols the virtues of Characters in Historical Fiction

Who said the past should stay there? Here we learn how interesting characters and interesting plots, tinged with a docile humour can really make anything a masterpiece. This is focused on how an interesting book is a treasure of wealth and knowledge. It doesn't hurt to learn something while somebody entertains your but off.

DavidLikesBigRobots and venusoftherose fangirl about anime again.

Trying to explain why I like 'cartoons' to my parents have never been easier with these dissertations on the wonderous works of intrigue and plot, deception and daring, alliances and betrayals, choices and consequences. Anime stories, it seems to me, are very character –driven pieces, and that's a fair summation of why should love them. If those dudes can fight the titans, or if that one girl can love him despite everything he's done, then why shouldn't we be victorious in our endeavours.

Note: Is this a judgement on a contest? No. What is this? I don't know.

I did learn a little something about the entrants though, and whether you are  obsessed with magical cats, or little-star_ARTIST in love with pretty things, I think it's safe to say we're all just die-hard fangirls for a good piece of work.