Contest #2: Results

The entries for The Disaster Tweet are now closed and it's time for the winners to be announced. All the entries were amazing and you have no idea how hard this was to judge. Every single entry was awesome but of course only a few can be chosen! Since this competition had a much bigger turnout I'm going to be doing the top 3 and then 5 honourable mentions for those who didn't make the top 3 but still had incredible 'tweets'

Lets get started! I'll be sharing the placings, then the top 3 winners tweets, then the reason I chose them. Plus the winners prizes will be shared in a post on my profile which if you don't know are...

3rd - Your tweet shared

2nd - Your tweet and one of your other works from your profile shared

1st - Your tweet, all your works from your profile and anything else you want e.g. your blog or website shared.

So without further ado you're probably eagerly awaiting the results so let's begin...

**DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!**

----------------------------------------------------------------

1st Place - @neazra_zee
2nd Place - @pokefreak16
3rd Place - @sunsettime

And Honourable Mentions to (in no particular order): @Rainbow_Ink @UglyDuckling94 @Nolaboo24 @TheNextBigWriter1609 @Niall_red_nose_day these are for those who didn't make the top 3 but still had awesome tweets!

Okay here are the people's sentences:

Here is 3rd Place Winner @sunsettime tweet: The towns an ocean, my house a boat, food gone, mood down. Silent without laughter, I will never laugh at the ocean again. #hugeflood

Thank you @sunsettime for your entry, good job! :)

Here is 2nd Place Winner @pokefreak16 tweet: I'm hanging on for dear life as the ground shakes underneath me, the smoke from burning buildings filling my nostrils and slowly suffocating me. #pompeii

Thank you @pokefreak16 for your entry, good job! :)

Here is 1st Place Winner @neazra_zee tweet: Rocks and smoke shower over the city, leaving it in layers of dust. Lava flows, unstoppable. The others had fled but I'm trapped! #HELP

Thank you @neazra_zee for your entry, congratulations on your 1st place victory! :)

Also congratulations to those who got honourable mentions. ( @Rainbow_Ink @UglyDuckling94 @Nolaboo24 @TheNextBigWriter1609 @Niall_red_nose_day ) I wish all of you could've got a placing but of course there can only be a top 3 but trust me it wasn't an easy decision. I debated it for a long time. Thank you and well done, yours were amazing as well! :)

Also a big thanks to everyone else that entered. All the entries were great but some didn't make it. Thanks for your entries and good luck for next time :)

Okay now it's time to share why I chose the placings that I did:

3rd Place - @sunsettime

Your tweet was amazing. It had lots of depth but not too much which made it sound more like a tweet and less like a poem which is great. The words flowed nicely and your hash tag was nice and fitting to your tweet. Well done and thank you for your entry!

2nd Place - @pokefreak16

Your tweet was incredible! Like @sunsettime it also had a lot of depth without sounding like a poem. I loved the way you used it as a real disaster that has happened in the past (pompeii) and made me wonder what it would be like if twitter had been around during those times. Your words flowed and it was just... ahh! amazing! Well done and thank you for your entry! :)

1st Place - @neazra_zee

Absolutely breathtaking! The words flowed together very well and the words, again, were deep without being too poetic plus you also included a cry for help which made it more realistically a tweet because that's what people would do in a situation like this instead of just saying what happened they would ask if others are okay, call for help etc. through social networking. Nice wording, good hash tag. Outstanding! Well done on first place and thanks for your entry! :)

Well that's all I have to say about that. Thank you to EVERYONE for their entries they were all outstanding but of course only a few can win. This was a great turnout and I can't wait to see where this goes in the future. Hope you enjoyed taking part and a new Christmas contest will be up in about an hour.

The prizes will be dished out soon as well so could the top 3 please PM me about prize dish outs as to what you want me to share, shoutout etc. Thanks!

Once again, thank you and well done to everyone that entered and hope you enjoyed! :)

~Contests